Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Contabo has very expensive managed service _? (50 eur)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why Contabo has very expensive managed service _? (50 eur)

contabo has cheap servers but their managed service is expensive.
if we get server from contabo, kimsufi or ovh then deploy cpanel and external management service, would it be cheaper than just managed hosting?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Is there any way for you to come up with an answer of your own?

• RossGRossG Member, Host Rep

It's your choice, the advantage with Contabo managing is they have direct access to the hardware in case of failure etc.

• 50 euro gives you two full hours of technical support per month. That comes down 25 euro per hour. That's pretty damn cheap, rates in IT are usually close to 100 euro per hour.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • @solaire said:
    50 euro gives you two full hours of technical support per month. That comes down 25 euro per hour. That's pretty damn cheap, rates in IT are usually close to 100 euro per hour.

only 2 hours in one month? are you kiddin me?

i think india based hostings are much better for managed services for money.

there is also platinum server management which gives monthly support for 30 usd

• @folom said:

@solaire said:
    50 euro gives you two full hours of technical support per month. That comes down 25 euro per hour. That's pretty damn cheap, rates in IT are usually close to 100 euro per hour.

Sure, whatever floats your boat son. Dodge reality while you still can.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • 50 euros a month is far from expensive for a managed service in EU and I would argue that their service is one of the cheapest offerings

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Prime404 said:
    50 euros a month is far from expensive for a managed service in EU and I would argue that their service is one of the cheapest offerings

then why some other providers offer much cheaper service for full month support?

• @folom said:

@Prime404 said:
    50 euros a month is far from expensive for a managed service in EU and I would argue that their service is one of the cheapest offerings

then why some other providers offer much cheaper service for full month support?

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Prime404Prime404 Member
    edited October 2018

@folom said:

@Prime404 said:

Good luck finding a cheaper managed service in Europe with the qualifications of Contabo, as they're very very cheap for the service you get and their support is good as long as you pay. The datacenter that I do work at right now charge 100 euros per hour for any work that is outside of SLA and for our basic managed SLA it's 200 euros extra per month, but that includes 1 Plesk license.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@folom said:

Haha, for $30 you will get triple platinum server management and whole India will be working on your server only with response time less than 17ms and resolution time is 22ms!

P.S. the above pics is true representation of platinum server management service :smile:

Thanked by 2Ympker vimalware
  • Is it really important to have a management team for just an small website?

• @folom said:
    Is it really important to have a management team for just an small website?

No, it's not, unless you know what you're doing and can manage the server yourself.

If you do not know what you're doing, I would suggest shared hosting.

• @Prime404 said:

@folom said:
    Is it really important to have a management team for just an small website?

No, it's not, unless you know what you're doing and can manage the server yourself.

If you do not know what you're doing, I would suggest shared hosting.

shared cant handle the resource requirement at leadt vps is mandatory

I can only check centos versiiion upgrade.
    Panel settings
    Only log files in panel.
    And some security plugin logs etc

• @folom said:
    shared cant handle the resource requirement at leadt vps is mandatory

Like I said, if you're not willing to cough up for a decent managed service, learn how to do it yourself.

• OP never disappoints me. Always true to his signature. Mister Consistency.

Thanked by 2Ympker WebProject
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2018

folom said: I AM PURE DUMB AND RETARD PERSON WHO HAVE IDIOT QUESTIONS.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2018

folom said: only 2 hours in one month? are you kiddin me?

Are you being serious or are you trolling?

If you're being serious, then on behalf of all hosting companies located in developed countries with high wages, please do not buy our services, as your questions lead me to believe you have very high expectations for very low cost.

I will try to explain.

In most of Europe, USA, and any expensive city really... the cost of technical staff is relatively high. US$3,000 /month would be on the lower end in most places, and can easily be over $10,000 in places like London.

Germany is not a cheap place... But even if you assume the lower end of about $3,000 /month, assuming working hours of about 160/month, you're talking about a cost of about $20/hr. That's not including the cost of overheads like office space, HR, electricity and of course a reasonable profit margin. And I seriously doubt that you can hire anyone half decent in Germany for only US$3k /month.

So EUR 25 /hr seems pretty reasonable. We charge US$65 /hour in Hong Kong, and that's basically just breaking even on our own costs.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The dude is serious. Look at his discussion history.

In order to cheap out, initially he wanted to use LET as his personal support team.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

deank said: The dude is serious. Look at his discussion history.

Is the end nigh?

To be fair, his own sig and comments on his own 'wall' basically says he's an idiot dumb noob who asks stupid and retarded questions...

Are we sure he's not a troll? I mean you're a troll in a more obvious sense... but maybe he's one of those 'passive' trolls?

Some kind of satire?

Thanked by 1Kiwi83
  • @deank said:
    The dude is serious. Look at his discussion history.

In order to cheap out, initially he wanted to use LET as his personal support team.

After like 20 minutes he even complained with "why no replies?" as if there is a guaranteed amswer SLA lol

Thanked by 2vimalware deank
  • @randvegeta said:

deank said: The dude is serious. Look at his discussion history.

Is the end nigh?

To be fair, his own sig and comments on his own 'wall' basically says he's an idiot dumb noob who asks stupid and retarded questions...

Are we sure he's not a troll? I mean you're a troll in a more obvious sense... but maybe he's one of those 'passive' trolls?

Some kind of satire?

LMAO, I like your theory! Never thought that way before.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • I welcome our joke account overlords. Life would be boring without them.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2018

@folom said:

If you pay peanuts...

Typical rate for paid skilled work in the first world is 25EUR/15 minutes. Generally cheaper for package or prior arranged agreements like this contabo offer. It might be a bit cheaper in India for someone skilled, but if you take the cheapest Indian offer you would probably be better off with monkeys.

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

@folom said:

oi fella, do you eva actually think before you spit out your nonsense all over the LET? first, do your research about avg. salary in Germany and compare thatone with salary in India. Second of all, if you dont like to pay 50eur for managed services and get 2hours monthly management services, then dont pay it and manage your server by yourself. Then take your server from some Indian company instead.

• Why does @folom start all these threads. Confused.

This discussion has been closed.