Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are majority of hosting owners and sys admins are educated?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are majority of hosting owners and sys admins are educated?

folomfolom Member
edited October 2018 in General

Are they all have education background from universities and colleges?
If so which major? Computer eng.?? Web Design? Prograamming? Network? Both?
How much sysadmins and hosting corp. employees earn monthly in USA and EU?

Comments

• Dearest I AM PURE DUMB AND RETARD PERSON WHO HAVE IDIOT QUESTIONS,

Each individual will be very different. Some may do this for a hobby and not make any profit. Some may work for well known companies, and make various salaries. If you want to know what someone makes in that country, you will need to Google that specific question. From a quick search I found the average base salary of a system admin in the United States to be $62,735. I would say its most common for someone to be in Information Technology or Computer Science field for a system admin job. All of these will vary greatly for each person and company. It is best to ask specially if you are wanting some example.

With Warm Regards,
    James B Peach

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2018

There are more important things than degrees and certificates.

Wits, common sense, and decision making. Those who have such qualities don't ask questions.

• WOW
    GOOD SALARIES
    I NEVER SEEN THAT SALARY BEFORE.

no need for a degree? only learning?

• @deank said:
    There are more important things than degrees and certificates.

Wits, common sense, and decision making. Those who have such qualities don't ask questions.

only 1000 usd monthly constant salary is very good for me (if it would in the future). maybe for 1000 it wouldn't require much knowledge and skills??

Look up those who started as piss-poor and became billionaires.

Education wasn't something they had to begin with.

Dead as Dodo. We need WSS.

• @deank #freewss

Thanked by 1deank
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2018

to become rich , you need to average intelligence . higher or lower intelligence than average harms more . and @jamespeach is our @WSS

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • @hostdare said:
    to become rich , you need to average intelligence . higher or lower intelligence than average harms more . and @jamespeach is our @WSS

what if we ask the company employees salary averages in LET? would it be a rude question?

or education background of hosting providers in online community like this?

• I could said some sys admins at big hosting company -have to- educate some additional on regular basis, especially new technology.
    Salary is a really depend at region, central EU in 1.5-2.5k

Revealing salary is dangerous, so don't even ask.

Well, if you had common sense, you wouldn't be asking that to begin with.

• Most went to The School of Hard Knocks.

• folomfolom Member
    edited October 2018

@donli said:
    Most went to The School of Hard Knocks.

so life and experience is the only school for web hosting business? not a computer eng. or somth. like web design prog. etc..?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I have no formal education beyond high school, but I have done a large amount of professional qualifications in IT/Networking, that is what generally gets your foot through the door.

• donlidonli Member
    edited October 2018

@folom said:

so life and experience is the only school for web hosting business? not a computer eng. or somth. like web design prog. etc..?

For practical use youtube > the average university program (may universities have free online courses now also).

Install CentOS or Debian on a spare computer and start learning at your own pace.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2018

folom said: so life and experience is the only school for web hosting business? not a computer eng. or somth. like web design prog. etc..?

There's definitely a predisposition for certain personality types to be 'self taught', which helps in many online industries because the tech moves much faster than any curriculum.

Go to the likes of Google and they won't humour you unless you have a degree. You're talking about a very broad base of job.

• @ricardo said:

Go to the likes of Google and they won't humour you unless you have a degree. You're talking about a very broad base of job.

If you want to work for a large company a degree is probably a required ticket.

If you want to work for yourself knowledge and motivation is your ticket.

• @donli said:

@ricardo said:

If you want to work for a large company a degree is probably a required ticket.

If you want to work for yourself knowledge and motivation is your ticket.

yeah maybe true

• classyclassy Member
    edited October 2018

@AnthonySmith said:
    I have no formal education beyond high school, but I have done a large amount of professional qualifications in IT/Networking, that is what generally gets your foot through the door.

I R very educated. I’m much better qualified than Anthony. BECAUSE I GOT ONE OF THESE BABY:

YOU PROBABLY CANT EVEN SWIM

• @classy said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I R very educated. I’m much better qualified than Anthony. BECAUSE I GOT ONE OF THESE BABY:

well i think its fake
    your name isnt look like a Dutch name

• RossGRossG Member, Host Rep

folom said: well i think its fake

It's a swimming certificate

• @folom said:

@classy said:

@AnthonySmith said:

well i think its fake

Your English skills do look Dutch to me though.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • solairesolaire Member
    edited October 2018

The vast majority probably has a degree of some kind for their job. Is it a hard requirement? Definitely not. There's also many people who have a degree but work in a completely different field.

@classy You only have A + B? Couldn't last under water long enough to grab C?

• @solaire said:
    @classy You only have A + B? Couldn't last under water long enough to grab C?

Thats' why hes' posting here.