Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH "Service renew is blocked" on all of my domains.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH "Service renew is blocked" on all of my domains.

So, today i got an email from OVH that told me one of my domains was almost expired. Since I wanted to keep it I logged in the control panel and tried to renew.

It all went smoothly, with the invoice getting generated and the payment collected from my card.

Then something happened and i got this mail (at 7:44 pm, a minute after the payment)

Dear customer,

Our system has canceled the operation DomainRenew n° 123456789 related to your domain

Here's what the system said:
"Order has been cancelled and refunded"

But wait, 6 minutes later I got another mail:

Dear customer,

we have credited your loyalty account ce123456-ovh of 1299 points.

The order 123456789 of the following domain wasn't completed and was converted in loyalty points.

Log in your Fidelity Space with your NIC-handle ce123456-ovh to check your points

One minute after the second mail i got another:

Dear customer, your order was succesfully paid for. To check your invoice IT123458 click on the link below

So now i've got some "loyalty points" and no domain renew. So i decided to try again renewing the domain, even by logging off (so i would renew it as a "guest") but this is what i get when i try:

The service notmyactualdomain.fox is not renewable: Service renew is blocked

I tried renewing another domain just to check if the issue was isolated to that one, but apparently i am forbidden from renewing any domains. Wtf is happening? Did this happen to somebody else or am i the only one? I tried searching online but the only thing that shows up is somebody losing their domain because of this issue

Comments

• Try transferring them out. :D

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • @xaoc said:
    Try transferring them out.

Hmm... idk. I used to use gandi but it turned out more expensive than ovh. Stellar service though

• xaocxaoc Member
    edited October 2018

@edfox said:

@xaoc said:
    Try transferring them out.

Hmm... idk. I used to use gandi but it turned out more expensive than ovh. Stellar service though

Yea OVH has been great for me so far, i've no idea what's with that error. Try contacting them on twitter.

• Why on earth would you ask here instead of just calling them?

Their phone number is really easy to find on their website.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Prime404Prime404 Member
    edited October 2018

@edfox said:

Try Namesilo or Porkbun, only had excellent service with said providers and they're quite affordable so to speak.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Because LET is perceived to be the support desk.

Hosts fear negative reviews here, so they tend to act even faster than their own support system would.

But then it's OVH. They don't give a damn.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

edfox said: Wtf is happening?

You are using OVH as your domain registrar.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Oles has adopted a strict no furry policy. Best of luck!

Thanked by 2MikeA inthecloudblog
  • @southy said:
    Why on earth would you ask here instead of just calling them?

Maybe it happened to somebody else and it was just some control panel bug.

@rm_ said:

You are using OVH as your domain registrar.

But it's cheap

@MasonR said:
    Oles has adopted a strict no furry policy. Best of luck!

What is a furby?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@edfox said:
    What is a furby?

I'd suggest not worrying....

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2018

I already had this in 2016.

You paid for the domain, and the system crookedly activated it and blocked subsequent renew. Write to them [email protected], [email protected] about the bug, they will fix it.

Your order status you can check this: https://api.ovh.com/console/#/me/order/{orderId}/status#GET
    It will be marked as canceled.

If you renew it again, it will return money to the loyalty program. This is done in case of unsuccessful renewal of the domain.

• @Vova1234 said:
    I already had this in 2016.

You paid for the domain, and the system crookedly activated it and blocked subsequent renew. Write to them [email protected], [email protected] about the bug, they will fix it.

Your order status you can check this: https://api.ovh.com/console/#/me/order/{orderId}/status#GET
    It will be marked as canceled.

If you renew it again, it will return money to the loyalty program. This is done in case of unsuccessful renewal of the domain.

Oh, the api is very useful. Thank you!
    I called them and they set the order as manual renewal again and I could renew, but at a price of 8.99 instead of 12.99!

• Dearest Ed. Fox,

OVH is a known anti-furry hosting provider. Based off of past comments it seems like this may be a likely cause. This may be the cause for your issues. I wish you the best on your adult rated cat content.

With Warm Regards,
    James B Peach

Thanked by 2CyberMonday Tsuyo
  • @jamespeach said:
    I wish you the best on your adult rated cat content.

Cats are disgusting tho, knots > barbs

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@edfox said:

@jamespeach said:

Cats are disgusting tho

• @edfox said:

@jamespeach said:

Cats are disgusting tho, knots > barbs

Dearest Ed. Fox,

My apologizes. I am not aware the difference between a knot and barb, and actually I do not know what either of those are, however I wish you the best on your adult animal related content. Based off of your name I would have to assume fox content.

With Warm Regards,
    James B Peach