Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last year's nazwa BF deal.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Last year's nazwa BF deal.

I just got billed for next year, and it seems to be coming in at about €90. I had thought the deal was recurring. I like the service and specs and have some useful services running there, but the renewal price is a little too much. Are they active on here? I'm wondering if I could get a better recurring deal from them...

Comments

• solairesolaire Member
    edited October 2018

It's not recurring and that was clear from the very beginning (it was posted here on LET in the nazwa thread).

I'm sorry but your best bet is to find a replacement elsewhere. There are tons of good providers out there.

• Everyone's best bet is to let everything expire and buy new deals!

• squibssquibs Member
    edited October 2018

@JoeMerit said:
    Everyone's best bet is to let everything expire and buy new deals!

Yeah. I think the hassle of moving is far more than my time is worth. The service is good, and the full price is not so bad, A discount would sweeten the deal though. Imma ask for a renewal coupon. They can only say no...

• HukinHukin Member
    edited October 2018

Nazwa provide a cheap deals only for first year, after they increase costs 5-10 times more than regular prices. That only for attract new clients. Several hosting providers uses that scheme.

squibs said: I'm wondering if I could get a better recurring deal from them...

Recurring will be only if you buy with regular prices, not discounted product.

• squibs said: I'm wondering if I could get a better recurring deal from them...

Good joke XD You have bigger chances of negotiating a pardon from the president than negotiating something from nazwa.pl

nazwa.pl is a meme among SysOPs in Poland. Their support team can charge you hundreds of PLN (3.5PLN=1USD) for domain renewals or simple tasks like updating the SSL cert. Not a long ago there was a scandal with not reissuing invalid SSL certificates.

Google, Mozilla and other big players decided to revoke some RapidSSL certificates (generated on Symantec's "old infrastructure") on October 23 (chrome is already notifying the users about upcoming trust revoke since September 13). Of course RapidSSL ran a campaign to replace the certificates for free, however if you bought the cert from reseller you would have to contact the reseller (it was free for resellers too). Nazwa.pl refused to replace the certificates because "RapidSSL certificates are no longer in our offer (obviously lol). The certificate itself is correct and the changes introduced by Google Chrome are independent of nazwa.pl. All we can do is to offer a new certificate". Obviously at normal hilarious prices. ...and guess what - after ripping enough people off, they started a big campaign with "Free SSL Certifactes"... for new customers >.<

• They sound great. Where do I sign up?

Thanked by 3kkrajk netomx Limpan
  • HukinHukin Member
    edited October 2018

Overall Polish hosting providers have a quality hosting.
    Home.pl also sell .pl TLD for 3,50 PLN for the first year and renew 125 PLN :smile: Nice only if looking for quick domain for temporary purposes. Free Whois privacy and instant activation supported.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Hukin said:
    Overall Polish hosting providers have a quality hosting.
    Home.pl also sell .pl TLD for 3,50 PLN for the first year and renew 125 PLN :smile: Nice only if looking for quick domain for temporary purposes. Free Whois privacy and instant activation supported.

This is specific to .pl, wholesale rates follow the same principle https://dns.pl/cennik_dla_rejestratorow

• It seems that I cannot find the option to cancel the current service at nazwa's panel. Can anyone help point out where it is please :-) ?

• It seems Nazwa is offering free .eu or .pl for first year now...

• I won't pay neither the renewal :(

• @nhocconan said:
    It seems that I cannot find the option to cancel the current service at nazwa's panel. Can anyone help point out where it is please :-) ?

same here, did not find anything... probably going to put in a ticker, just to be sure.

• southysouthy Member
    edited October 2018

@Falzo said:

@nhocconan said:
    It seems that I cannot find the option to cancel the current service at nazwa's panel. Can anyone help point out where it is please :-) ?

same here, did not find anything... probably going to put in a ticker, just to be sure.

Same here...
    will it just expire if we don’t react or are we in a contract that they will stick to?
    I sent an email as I couldn’t even find a ticket system.

EDIT:
    Already got an answer: "A lack of the payment means the resignation on account of the continuation of services to the end of the licence current period."
    Also they offered me a discount of roughly 50%... but that discount totals to what I see in my customer menu as fee for the next year anyway. (~75 EUR).

But ok, bottom line: it seems no action is required.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @southy said:

@Falzo said:

@nhocconan said:

Same here...
    will it just expire if we don’t react or are we in a contract that they will stick to?
    I sent an email as I couldn’t even find a ticket system.

EDIT:
    Already got an answer: "A lack of the payment means the resignation on account of the continuation of services to the end of the licence current period."
    Also they offered me a discount of roughly 50%... but that discount totals to what I see in my customer menu as fee for the next year anyway. (~75 EUR).

But ok, bottom line: it seems no action is required.

agreed, just also received a first mail with proforma invoice for the next year... somewhere at the bottom it says:

W przypadku nieuregulowania płatności powyższe usługi zostaną wyłączone, a wszelkie dane w nich przechowywane zostaną usunięte.

which should roughly translate to:

In the event of non-payment, the above services will be closed and all data stored therein will be deleted.

Thanked by 2nhocconan MasonR
  • Can confirm you can safely let your services expire for non-payment.

Thanked by 3nhocconan Falzo southy
  • Thanks @solaire for your feedback!

• I opened a ticket. Let's see what comes back.

• @squibs said:
    I opened a ticket. Let's see what comes back.

Haven't @Falzo and @solaire already clarified the situation?

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@angstrom said:

@squibs said:

Mailed them a letter to confirm. I'll update you all in about a month.

Thanked by 3angstrom Falzo titus
  • @MasonR said:

@angstrom said:

@squibs said:

Mailed them a letter to confirm. I'll update you all in about a month.

Perhaps I should mail them as well, just to quintuply confirm, although I'm not even a customer. :smile:

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

What you need is a SerweryDedykowane, the real shit.
    I do recommend only buy stuff which is recurings, so no suprises.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Neoon said:

I should have purchased five of those i5/i7s when I had the chance, but it seemed too good to be true at the time. And I'm perfectly content with my one i7 right now.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2018

@MasonR said:

@Neoon said:

I should have purchased five of those i5/i7s when I had the chance, but it seemed too good to be true at the time. And I'm perfectly content with my one i7 right now.

Yes YOU SHOULD, but you missed it, ITS GONE FOR EVER.
    I still got mine, very premium.

Thanked by 1adamluk
  • squibssquibs Member
    edited October 2018

@angstrom said:

@squibs said:

I opened a ticket to ask for better pricing on the renewal.

TBH, ovh shared hosting might be a better candidate for what I'm currently running on the nazwa instance, although I was running a very fast WP site with centminmod

• @squibs said:

@angstrom said:

@squibs said:

I opened a ticket to ask for better pricing on the renewal.

Okay, this wasn't so clear based on what you wrote, but realistically, it was very unlikely that they would offer you a special renewal price on a bargain server to the exclusion of those who didn't happen to submit a ticket.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2018

They could give him the discount but OP should know that it's certainly not a standard practice and shouldn't expect to have his way.

Think about it this way.
    You married a sweet girl. A year later, the girl got fat and you don't want her no more. You want a new wife and seek annulment ...

Wait, well, that's not exactly it. Well, whatever, I am out.

• I had the same problem... I haven't found a service cancellation method, or a ticket/helpdesk system in their website (admin panel), so I sent an email to them. I got a fast and simple reply to my message. They informed me, if I not pay the proforma invoice, the service will be deleted automatically. (I think always the correct way to cancel a service is, to inform the provider about it, so it was strange for me).

PS: I very satisfied with their VPS/service, but sadly the renewal price is expensive to me.

@squibs
    Hetzner Cloud for replacement? (Just an idea).

• @deank said:

Think about it this way.
    You married a sweet girl. A year later, the girl got fat and you don't want her no more. You want a new wife and seek annulment ...

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1squibs
  • @deank said:
    They could give him the discount but OP should know that it's certainly not a standard practice and shouldn't expect to have his way.

Think about it this way.

Wait, well, that's not exactly it. Well, whatever, I am out.

If you don't ask you don't get. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. If I get a no, I can move.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Be careful what you ask for.