Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoYouStart IPs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoYouStart IPs

I've been searching for a couple of servers for file serving (images) and came across the SoYouStart deals.

I hope to also use the same box for small sites, mailing and script testing, with SSL Certs.

Does anyone here know if the 16 IPs they say come with a new server order are IPv4 or IPv6

Couldn't find it on the site, call to the North American sale line got voice mail saying (we are closed at this time, please email) (that was 3:45pm Eastern US). Email has yet to be answered.

Or, if somebody wants to advise me to look elsewhere, please do so. My basic needs for this are: Xeon or Opteron processor, at least 32GB Ram, at least 4TB HD space (any drive or softraid arrangement), and at least 5 usable IPs (IPv4).

Need two, they do not need to be from same supplier.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• jaypeesmithjaypeesmith Member
    edited October 2018

You get 1 IPv4 and /64 IPv6 with the server. You can then order up to 16 IPv4 with the server, and they will only charge you the setup fee ($3 each, I believe) for the IPv4. After that, they are yours to use as long as you have a server with them. You can even transfer the IPs to a different Soyoustart server with them, if needed. I've done this when switching servers. You don't have to order 16 at a time. However, you can only have so many blocks associated with a server. I believe the max is 4. So, if you need 5 IPv4, I would just order the block of 8 to be safe.

One you go beyond 16 IPv4, you get charged the setup and monthly fees for the 17th+ IPv4 address(es).

Thanked by 2MasonR yogeshzade
  • Thank You for the info.

• What jaypeesmith said. Also, OVH has switched from one-time pricing for IPs to monthly and back. Might be useful to know if you find a comparable offer.

• Thank you both. I appreciate the help and now I'm off to place the order.