Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Take Heed! (( VestaCP! )) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Take Heed! (( VestaCP! ))

2»

Comments

• Still a better panel than Sentora / ZPanel ... just say'n

• I have received a lot of complaints recently about VestaCP. I think we need to find another panel.

• Any valuable choice? I was thinking to migrate from vestacp to webmin/virtualmin

• ISPmanager lite is pretty good option

• I would personally make me choice based on the other Free control panels out there, offering both support for Softaculous and CSF + with a long standing history.

From my research based on this, I think, ISPconfig would be the best replacement option?

• Guys, if you want more Security and want to use a good painel, cheap and better than free panels, go with ISPManager it only costs 4€ per month! Isn't expensive like cpanel etc.

My vote goes to ISPManager without any doubt.

• What about Webuzo? It's kinda cheap

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

I can recommend https://www.keyhelp.de/en/

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @packetnext said:
    I would personally make me choice based on the other Free control panels out there, offering both support for Softaculous and CSF + with a long standing history.

From my research based on this, I think, ISPconfig would be the best replacement option?

ISP Config is awesome :)

• I've never used this Vesta thing, i feel it's the Joomla of control panels, evidently whoever codes it does a sloppy uncoordinated job.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Janevski said:
    I've never used this Vesta thing, i feel it's the Joomla of control panels, evidently whoever codes it does a sloppy uncoordinated job.

In the other hand, Joomla changed lots. Spoke this to a LET fellow. I am quite impressed with their last versions. I still hate Joomla. Its personal now.

• Joomla is a really good CMS, it stands in the middle of Drupal and Wp in terms of flexibility, user-friendly, quick and stable. It does need far fewer recourses than WP. It is really mature nowadays, with a huge list of components and plugins to fit all the needs from a small website to a big corporate web presence.
    There is a major issue, though, an update can much more easily break templates and plugins than in WP. There are tons of examples that in almost every minor update of the core system, template functions go crazy and there are several patches from the 3rd party component authors to fix things... Something that is much more rare in both WP and Drupal...

• As of panels, VestaCP -in terms of functions, not security- is excellent. Very quick on configuration, very easy but not poor-featured, excellent let's encrypt handling, excellent third-party ssl handling, and the best part -for me- is the very good backup operation. It really works and it is very flexible. Compared with most other free (and not only) panels out there, vesta backup function has saved me several times. On the other hand, when security issues arise so often for a web panel, then, it starts looking like the original Kloxo, ZPanel (also a very good panel in terms of design but very pood coded), the fork of it Sentora etc.

I am quite impressed lately from CWP. It has matured a lot, it is fast enough (although still resources hungry), the variety of configs are extremely easy to be used (one-click-install and operate of nginx+varnish+Apache2, multiple php versions and flavors with easy configs, easy tuning for all email configs etc.). I am still testing the backup feature to be sure how stable and rock-solid is, to have a full conclusion of the panel.

Of course, Virtualmin and ISPConfig are always on the top of my list.

• @JackSparrow77 said:
    Guys, if you want more Security and want to use a good painel, cheap and better than free panels, go with ISPManager it only costs 4€ per month! Isn't expensive like cpanel etc.

Can you explain why you would ISPManager instead of Directadmin, which is 90 euro for a lifetime (30 year!) license? ..

• JackSparrow77JackSparrow77 Member
    edited November 2018

@packetnext said:

@JackSparrow77 said:
    Guys, if you want more Security and want to use a good painel, cheap and better than free panels, go with ISPManager it only costs 4€ per month! Isn't expensive like cpanel etc.

Can you explain why you would ISPManager instead of Directadmin, which is 90 euro for a lifetime (30 year!) license? ..

Things won't last forever, and this case is equal. What will happen when the company start losing revenue? Do you think they will maintain lifetime package?

Do you believe on lifetime license!? In the same way they keep with good financial and revenue. I don't see any problem.

ISPManager isn't expensive. For me, and in my opinion ISPManager gives 10/10 to DirectAdmin.

EDIT: 90 Lifetime? Where do you see that? It costs 299€ / Lifetime and 200€ yearly vs ISPManager 4€/month or 40€/year

Ohhh and you pay 299€ and you only have 90 days of Support lol, You may ask? why I will choose again ISPManager? Hum?

• If you promote one product over the other, it would be nice if you would share with us WHY you do so, in terms of FEATURES and SUPPORT.

Directadmin has been around for ages, and I have good experience with their support.

AFAIK there are 2 industry leaders: Plesk/Cpanel and Directadmin.

So there is no reason to go with another company. Pepsi, Coca-cola and cheapass coke are enough choices as well, there is no reason to start cheapass coke company #234, like all those free server control panels out there, people should work together and create 3 or 4 GOOD products.

The big problem is always, people want to start their OWN product, instead of maintaining what is there already.

As for the pricing, it is internal pricing for dedicated server/vps providers.

I have NEVER been denied a support request because I had a lifetime license, that is just a way they package things. And who needs support, when a system is constantly updated and has many users? ....

But yes, when you compare 4 euro to 17 euro a month, it would make sense to purchase ISPManager.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited November 2018

@JackSparrow77 Because:

• ISPManager has a really outdated GUI that brings us memories of the early '00s. And in a web panel, GUI is very important, or else, there is always terminal that is more powerful than any control panel.
    • For that price, almost all major free and paid web panels do have tons of features when ISP manager do have the today's basics.
    • The €4 version doesn't have cloudlinux, resellers, server roles, stats, cagefs. You need to buy the full version.
    • The full version costs €12/m, when the much more mature, full featured CPanel with WHM, costs ~$14/m for a vps license (and you don't really need a dedicated license, as you can use the whole node as a single KVM vps, the overhead is almost nothing in that case for any today's server).

There is a reason that ISPmanager is far from the top on the list of paid panels. DirectAdmin is way better, Plesk and CPanel are the kings with similar pricing as ISPmanager.

• JackSparrow77JackSparrow77 Member
    edited November 2018

@jvnadr said:
    @JackSparrow77 Because:

• ISPManager has a really outdated GUI that brings us memories of the early '00s. And in a web panel, GUI is very important, or else, there is always terminal that is more powerful than any control panel.
    • For that price, almost all major free and paid web panels do have tons of features when ISP manager do have the today's basics.
    • The €4 version doesn't have cloudlinux, resellers, server roles, stats, cagefs. You need to buy the full version.
    • The full version costs €12/m, when the much more mature, full featured CPanel with WHM, costs ~$14/m for a vps license (and you don't really need a dedicated license, as you can use the whole node as a single KVM vps, the overhead is almost nothing in that case for any today's server).

There is a reason that ISPmanager is far from the top on the list of paid panels. DirectAdmin is way better, Plesk and CPanel are the kings with similar pricing as ISPmanager.

1. Yes, ISPManager GUI is not the best, but what is important is that works! And the GUI isn't bad at all, of course it need to have a nice and better UI, but isn't bad at all. I don't believe GUI is the most important in a Panel.

2. Oh yeah, almost major free web panels do have a tons of features, including Bugs, Exploits, unexpected vulnerabilities, bad coding, lack of updates, improving security. You have reason, and I'm sure they are the best to use with that conditions.

3. For 4€ do you want Cloudlinux included? Mate it's a lite version (basic) it isn't enterprise. For 4€ you can't find better than ISPManager in Paid Panels, it's 4€. You can't ask for more, when you pay less than 5€ per month on a Panel, with consistent updates.

4. DirectAdmin in my opinion isn't better than ISPManager, did you see their previous design? Their old GUI is ugly.

Well, that's your opinion. In my opinion GUI isn't the most important, for me the most important things in a Web Panel is Security, Features and regular updates and in the last position the GUI.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited November 2018

JackSparrow77 said: Yes, ISPManager GUI is not the best, but what is important is that works!

But one of the most important things in a web panel is the GUI. If it wasn't, then, there is not any need for web panel

JackSparrow77 said: Oh yeah, almost major free web panels do have a tons of features, including Bugs, Exploits, unexpected vulnerabilities, bad coding, lack of updates, improving security.

Can you please enlighten us about the bugs, exploits, vulnerabilities, bad coding and lack of updates Plex and Cpanel have? My mistake, you are referring to free web panels. In any case, CPanel do have similar price with the full version of ISPmanager and with a lot more of features and it is really secure. As for free, Virtualmin and ISPconfig are considered as secure and clean panels and, the most important, due to the popularity there are a lot of external audits and tests, so, any vulnerability is being discovered, it is fixed almost immediately.

JackSparrow77 said: For 4€ do you want Cloudlinux included? Mate it's a lite version (basic) it isn't enterprise. For 4€ you can't find better than ISPManager in Paid Panels, it's 4€. You can't ask for more, when you pay less than 5€ per month on a Panel, with consistent updates.

Virtualmin/Webmin is much better and secure than ISPmanager and it's free. Webmin is like an industry standard for tech guys. And, with their recent theme, even their GUI is better than ISPmanager. The last known serious bug/exploit on Virtualmin was on 2009, 10 years ago and it does have tons of features. Virtualmin is nerd's favorite, and nerds don't like panels at all!

JackSparrow77 said: DirectAdmin in my opinion isn't better than ISPManager, did you see their previous design? Their old GUI is ugly.

Do you really compare the current GUI from one panel with the OLD GUI from another? DirectAdmin in my opinion is better than ISPmanager and they have a new GUI.

JackSparrow77 said: Well, that's your opinion. In my opinion GUI isn't the most important, for me the most important things in a Web Panel is Security, Features and regular updates and in the last position the GUI.

CPanel and Plesk is much more secure than your ISPmanager, in terms of statistics. CPanel do have a really huge base of users, 1000x than the users of ISPmanager, it is the standard for shared hosting. So, it is much more tested and audited and it is updated a lot more than your favorite panel (just see the change logs of both and you will see how much more often CPanel is being updated).

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CL/76+Change+Log

https://www.ispsystem.com/software/ispmanager/changelog