Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video Hosting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Video Hosting

Comments

• I mentioned that cloudflare didn't have a price for video cdn delivery they were asking for a sales calls for the amount of projected videos I had. I am still trying to get a budget from their website to see if that will work. I mentioned this before as well.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • @Cre8tivStudios said:
    I mentioned that cloudflare didn't have a price for video cdn delivery they were asking for a sales calls for the amount of projected videos I had. I am still trying to get a budget from their website to see if that will work. I mentioned this before as well.

you mention it yet it's on the website with their pricing. Maybe you should have a professional handle this requirement for you since you can't handle it.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited October 2018

If you post it on the internet, it's public domain. It's all within the realms of street performing, no matter what DRM and human rights violations the entertainment industry is trying to impose.

• HLS can be used for regular videos too. It is about just splitting your video in small chunks and deliver like static sites. I think Apple devices support only HLS for streaming video out of the box. You can encode your video to HLS using ffmpeg.

How much bandwidth usage you are looking at? May be AWS cloudfront can work. Cloudfront supports HLS with encryption and it's pay as per use. For US and EU it's USD 0.085 per GB of bandwidth.

• @Janevski said:
    If you post it on the internet, it's public domain. It's all within the realms of street performing, no matter what DRM and human rights violations the entertainment industry is trying to impose.

Copyright laws are something that needs to exist. It just becomes a problem when companies want to be an ass about it.

IIRC, the Napster copyright case (early 2000s) set the precedent that if you own a song or movie already, you can download it again for free to another type of media. (read: if you have a movie on DVD, it's legal to download it digitally) But no, you can't do that because of companies like IP-Echelon who send emails to your ISP to scare you.

However, it does need to exist. If someone made WHMCS free legally and nobody bought it from the source anymore, it would cause big problems. If it was legal for companies to pirate programs like AutoCAD, autodesk would go out of business.

Btw, correct me if I'm wrong regarding the Napster case. It's been a very long time since I've last looked at it.

• OP, where is your audience located?

Also, shouldn't Cre8tiveStudios be Cre8iveStudios?

• @PrivacyInfinity said:
    OP, where is your audience located?

Also, shouldn't Cre8tiveStudios be Cre8iveStudios?

smart.

• I'm in Phoenix. As far as the name....that's another story....but you can google us if you need more info about our story its too long to post here and I'm just trying to deliver video..

• YuraYura Member
    edited October 2018

@Cre8tivStudios said:
    I'm just trying to deliver video..

That's simple and explained how to do above. What you really are trying to do is impossible to accomplish. But you refuse to accept r3a1ity

• @Yura I followed the steps above (CDN) wise.. signed up for multiple accounts and the video stutters on most mobile devices so what is your SOLUTION??

If you followed the thread the content I am providing cannot be protected 100% and I understand that... what you missed is that I said if you are going to steal it....I'd rather it be from us and not youtube or vimeo. So once again what is your solution?

• @Cre8tivStudios said:
    @Yura I followed the steps above (CDN) wise.. signed up for multiple accounts and the video stutters on most mobile devices so what is your SOLUTION??

If you followed the thread the content I am providing cannot be protected 100% and I understand that... what you missed is that I said if you are going to steal it....I'd rather it be from us and not youtube or vimeo. So once again what is your solution?

If I were you, I'd get a VPS in Phoenix, AZ to host the content.

• YuraYura Member
    edited November 2018

@Cre8tivStudios said:
    @Yura I followed the steps above (CDN) wise.. signed up for multiple accounts and the video stutters on most mobile devices so what is your SOLUTION??

Firstly, don't shout. It rings in my ear and I hate that. Secondly, that is the least technical description of your problem: "stutters". That's like calling a (paid, which LET is not) tech support line and scream that you experience problems! Yeah, no kidding, you do. Where are logs, traces, characteristics of your videos like bitrates and sizes, what internet connection your mobile devices use and what's their latency and speed, etc? You didn't provide it and frankly no one is paid here to be your Chief Infrastructure Architect. So don't fucking scream at me and be grateful for great advice you were given in this thread by other champs already. It works for everyone else but you.

Thirdly, without even having networking expertise, you as a Creative brainiac here could use some logic and realize that if only mobile devices experience "stutter" and wired/PC don't then the problem is the Last Mile. It's an elimination problem. If BunnyCDN or whatever CDN is delivering your video to any device with no problem then they did their job. Now it's on you to figure out why specific end users can't play it. Maybe your video is produced with codecs that cause problems on mobile? How would we know?

what you missed is that I said if you are going to steal it....I'd rather it be from us and not youtube or vimeo

Do you really have some irrational ideas about how internet is connected? What's the fucking difference between YouTube CDN endpoint and BunnyCDN endpoint in this case? There is no "from you", it's downloaded from random server on the internet, preferably closest to that viewer. Oh, I'm sorry, closest to thieves of your video. /facepalm
    One more stupid demand and I will bill your agency given you bill your clients.

• Well some clients don't like have that youtube or vimeo link ON THEIR VIDEO because people EXIT their website....did you ever consider that? I'm asking a real question... Our customers hate when the VISITOR leaves their website.... I"m not screaming...just over emphasizing certain words for an emotional effect :)

• Dunno why you're having issues with BunnyCDN, works well.

• I have no clue. I am re-encoding the videos to mobile compatible codecs. Only issue is the files are now twice a big....

• WolveixWolveix Member
    edited November 2018

It's understandable that clients wouldn't want customers to leave the site, however, you should be able to embed a YouTube video relatively easily without forcing the user to leave the page.

I understand what you're trying to do, but if re-encoding still doesn't solve your issues then I would just bite the bullet and use YouTube. Upload a video there, unlist it, then embed the direct link to view it via the site.

For what it's worth, the videos on your site play just fine on my phone. Though, you site was pretty slow to load and the design seems broken (at least on the portfolio page).

• So I'm correct to assume the videos aren't hosted on bunnycdn anymore?

• No I switched to an online cloud provider that gives me 8tb of bandwidth a month for $10 and reencoded the videos. I am still looking for a solid CDN. I think bunny will work. I just need to go back and figure out the details.

• @Cre8tivStudios said:
    No I switched to an online cloud provider that gives me 8tb of bandwidth a month for $10 and reencoded the videos. I am still looking for a solid CDN. I think bunny will work. I just need to go back and figure out the details.

So I was right and your videos stutter less with different settings even without proper Content Delivery System?

• Sorry if I missed somewhere inside this thread, but have you even post what platform do you use to deliver the videos? I read something about a WP with a template. This is not the engine for delivering videos but for the front end.
    Do you use something like wowza, red5, nginx-rtmp, ant media server? What is the technical details of the videos you deliver? Do you use ffmpeg to your server? Do you have any transcoding on the fly, or different versions of codecs depending on the device the viewer uses?

The proper way to deliver video is to use an engine for that. Wowza is the industry standard for video content delivery, but there are several excellent free and oipen source alternatives, as your budget is tidy and the ~$45/m Wowza costs is much over your available $15 for the job (and, if it is just for 40-50 video, it is an overkill also).
    Nginx-rtmp is very good for such a purpose and you can deliver either to the depressed good old rtmp/flv, or use either HLS or Mpeg-Dash for viewing to mobile devices and have no need for flash enabled. Nginx-rtmp is not just for live streaming, but for delivering video-on-demand and creating OTT channels. https://github.com/arut/nginx-rtmp-module
    Another very good solution is And Media Server (the open source edition), a Red5 fork with rtsp/mp4/hls support. https://antmedia.io/
    There is also Kaltura https://github.com/kaltura/platform-install-packages but it is a PITA to install and work with.
    And, of course, there is the ffmpeg there with manual conversion and transmitting.

of course, you can use BunnyCDn with pseudo - streaming to deliver static video files, but in this case, you will have to optimize them for different platforms. In my experience, different video formats will play differently on different OS and platforms, aka, a video that can play smoothly on a PC, maybe won't be so smooth when played on a iOS.

TL'DR
    Give us much more details about the infrastructure you use and the encoding specs of your videos, of you want to receive more accurate responses.

• I was using a few different CDNs (testing them out) to deliver video via the WP press video plugin I purchased. Video played fine on all computers...just certain mobile phones were not getting a serious stutter even with the CDN delivery. WP can deliver MP4s and OGG files for the iPhone stans still using mobile safari, but the bandwidth was a concern for me since I am on a shared hosting plan and for a 30-second commercial it was a 40 to 60MB file. (I am running some marketing campaigns for my business) Secondly the clients I have, roughly about 10 to 20 and churches all are requesting that we NOT use youtube or Vimeo for their webdesign because of exit traffic. You guys know you are on youtube working and that one video pops ups that has you trying to see if Superman is diabetic at 3am in the morning. I reencoded all files to be Mobile Compatible since zero of my iPhone clients could see their content on their phones. I reduced files to 720P and moved the videos to an online cloud storage service that just so happens to give us a crap load of bandwidth and we can use direct mp4 (or video) files to embed into our WP Plugin. I still would like to learn how to properly encode and delivery content via CDN since our next client is asking us to set up a Linear TV Stations using their content that streams non-stop.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

A kitten has died, crushed by the wall of text.

• @deank said:
    A kitten has died, crushed by the wall of text.

My kitty is missing. I am sadness. :|

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited November 2018

Cre8tivStudios said: I was using a few different CDNs (testing them out) to deliver video via the WP press video plugin I purchased. Video played fine on all computers...just certain mobile phones were not getting a serious stutter even with the CDN delivery. WP can deliver MP4s and OGG files for the iPhone stans still using mobile safari, but the bandwidth was a concern for me since I am on a shared hosting plan and for a 30-second commercial it was a 40 to 60MB file. (I am running some marketing campaigns for my business) Secondly the clients I have, roughly about 10 to 20 and churches all are requesting that we NOT use youtube or Vimeo for their webdesign because of exit traffic. You guys know you are on youtube working and that one video pops ups that has you trying to see if Superman is diabetic at 3am in the morning. I reencoded all files to be Mobile Compatible since zero of my iPhone clients could see their content on their phones. I reduced files to 720P and moved the videos to an online cloud storage service that just so happens to give us a crap load of bandwidth and we can use direct mp4 (or video) files to embed into our WP Plugin. I still would like to learn how to properly encode and delivery content via CDN since our next client is asking us to set up a Linear TV Stations using their content that streams non-stop.

Basic rule: Use comas, paragraphs, formation. It is a pain for our eyes to read something like this.

Now, delivering video content via WP plugin is definitely... not a proper way. Using a shared hosting environment, is terrible! Not encoding the videos for optimal playback... a no-go.

1. WP is for serving pages and dynamic content. Not to be used as a video platform.

2. A 30 second video in a decent quality, will occupy at least 40-50MB, so, the size is good. If you reduce it more, the quality will be crap.

3. If you want to use youtube but not letting viewers to exit from the webpage, use solutions like re-embed.

4. Use OS detector to your page and create different pages/videos for different platforms, if you want customization. Or else, use html5 tags and properly encoded mp4 videos. This is a startup guide on how to embed videos for viewing to ios and iphones. https://webkit.org/blog/6784/new-video-policies-for-ios/

5. A common format for video on html5 tags, is mp4 with h.264 encoding in a baseline or main profile (not high, there are several devices that do not support it) and AAC for sound. This format is working properly on Chrome and Safari, it works on Internet Explorer and Edge, it works on iphone's safari and on android's chrome but it is not working on Opera without installing the video codecs on this browser. On Firefox, it is working on desktop but not always on mobile devices.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited November 2018

Cre8tivStudios said: I still would like to learn how to properly encode and delivery content via CDN since our next client is asking us to set up a Linear TV Stations using their content that streams non-stop.

From your posts, it is clear that your knowledge is below zero. You don know anything about video, encoding, streaming, content delivery etc.

From my perspective, it is almost fraud to have a client to pay you for creating something that you don't even know the basics on how to do it. Do you know what are the methods for live streaming? Do you know what a broadcast playout system is? Do you have any idea on the OTT platform? Do you even know the differences of rtmp over flash and rtmp over webrtc or hls stream compared with some new technologies like SRT?
    Non stop streaming is not like uploading a video on a WP template. Even the latter, that is extremely simple, can cause several issues as you already experience. Live streaming is a whole different field.

If you want to sell something like that to a client of yours, hire a tech guy to build it for you. Don't try to sell your clients something that you don't have any idea and lurking knowledge to forums like LET to do it...
    Asking questions on a forum to gain some knowledge to start from, is more than good. Searching for opinions and solutions for a tabula rasa field for you, trying to sell it, is crappy behavior.

• I watched a couple of videos in your website. I won't comment on the creativity part, because somebody maybe like them, somebody not. But on the technical side on encoding and embedding in your site:

1. You have converted interlaced videos to progressive without de interlacing them. This caused distorted video especially on the moves.

2. Your site is doing pseudo-streaming, delaying the start, pausing it after 1-2 seconds to create new buffer etc.

3. Playback is problematic. You'd better use players like JW Player or Flawplayer to deliver the videos. it will go much more smooth that now.

/thread for me!

• I'll answer in bullet format for the grammar police on the forum. I also installed Grammarly so that the punctuation and correct APA writing format in this post doesn't cause your eyes to explode out of your head.

1. I never once said I wanted to deliver livestreaming. In fact, it was clarified a few times that we DO NOT want to provide livestreaming. Why? because have a Wowza hosting for that which is for the multiple churches who want to provide livestreaming to their congregations. We simply download OBS setup the rtmp link and password in the back and give them the necessary graphics in OBS and let them go crazy. We have been doing that for almost 10 years now. We may not be the experts you are @jvnadr but we do our best.

2. The reEmbed video player, which we already looked at, is $25 a month and once again does NOT stop the customer from exiting the client's website. It just makes it look pretty and there are at least two dozen free plugins that do that. I've stressed this a few times.

3. Wordpress is all we design and most clients want a simple way to show video WITHOUT the use of Youtube or Vimeo, especially churches offering Bible Study. The video plugin is simply the html5 player with customization, not the video platform but I think we solved the problem with the next point.....

4. We installed the FlowPlayer for WordPress. It looks nice and functions like we think the client would like. Thank you for the suggestion. Link for reference: http://cre8tivstudios.com/8/video-portfolio/

5. The deinterlacing in Premier does not always work mainly because the clients, who do not have a video presence, to begin with usually send you a cell phone video and want that mixed with HD video we've filmed. They also provide online links to rip videos of themselves from other websites which s The steps in CC2019 make it two clicks to deinterlace a video. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. We let the client know if this going to be an issue. We just picked up a Disney Client who has provided us with 7 different clips to work with...all different aspect ratios, all different frame rates...all different qualities. We do the best we can...they pay for it...we deliver it...they like it....and keep it moving. Nothing fraudulent about that. We've search Google dozens of times to get rid of that...and if you live in the Adobe Forums like we do, we are not the only ones dealing with this issue. Of course, it's always user error so I'll keep chugging away

6. I am not sure if the videos are still stuttering. The only phones that are having issues are the newer iPhones. Every other phone including a 9-year-old android can see the videos no problem. Since re-encoding all videos using Premier's mobile hd720 setting I haven't had any complaints.

7. Thank you for everyone who has offered very constructive help. I appreciate it.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited November 2018

Cre8tivStudios said: I never once said I wanted to deliver livestreaming. In fact, it was clarified a few times that we DO NOT want to provide livestreaming.

OK,then, just this meant differntly

Cre8tivStudios said: our next client is asking us to set up a Linear TV Stations using their content that streams non-stop

Maybe I did not understand it correctly, or it was a poor sentence. Anyway...

Cre8tivStudios said: We may not be the experts you are @jvnadr but we do our best

I am definitely not an expert, I just don't like see people (as many on LET act) trying to sell services when they do not have a clue for that. It is unfair for the clients, it is unfair for the professionals that do sell such services.

Cre8tivStudios said: We installed the FlowPlayer for WordPress. It looks nice and functions like we think the client would like. Thank you for the suggestion.

I cannot see a video in your link, but, if it works for you, go with it!

Cre8tivStudios said: The deinterlacing in Premier does not always work mainly because the clients, who do not have a video presence, to begin with usually send you a cell phone video and want that mixed with HD video we've filmed.

if you want to deinterlace a video, you have to put some more effort, unfortunately. Hundreds of codecs, setups and formats make this sometime tricky. On top of that, Adobe Premiere is IMO a dinosaurs in the non-linear editing field and, even if I was a fan back in the days of Premiere 6 or even 1.5 (the new line), I nowadays rarely using it, there are several better tools according, at least, with my experience.
    I am using since some years ago Vegas pro (former Sony, now Magix) and Edius Pro and deinterlacing procedure on both software is far better than Adobe's one. On top of that, both are now handling P2 format directly and ProResHQ, as all of the common and proffesional video formats.

• smartwebmonksmartwebmonk Member
    edited October 2019

I watched a couple of videos in your website. I won't comment on the creativity part, because somebody maybe like them, somebody not. But on the technical side on encoding and embedding in your site:

You have converted interlaced videos to progressive without de interlacing them. This caused distorted video especially on the moves.

Your site is doing pseudo-streaming, delaying the start, pausing it after 1-2 seconds to create new buffer etc.

Playback is problematic. You'd better use players like JW Player or Flawplayer to deliver the videos. it will go much more smooth that now.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Necro, reported.