Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone got his Cloudrino free (alpha) VPS suddenly cancelled over last months?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone got his Cloudrino free (alpha) VPS suddenly cancelled over last months?

farsighterfarsighter Member
edited October 2018 in Providers

Mine is not accessible for over 10 days. A friend of mine said they'd earlier suspended his VPS for no apparent reason and didn't even care responding to tickets.

I'm suspecting they're silently clearing all free 'forever' VPSs.

Yes, many people (including myself) had doubts about their big promises when they launched but since they lasted a few years it would be interesting to understand what's going on.

Comments

• Mine's been down for a while as well. It was great while it lasted tho so nothing to complain about. :D

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Sue them for mental damages. Make them understand that they can't just offer free stuff and expect to get away with it.

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • Dont complain over free vpses..

• Free forever VPS? Sounds fishy already. They have a full rights to cut of everyone anytime.

• imagine all the hopes and dreams snuffed out when these were killed.

• JoeMerit said: imagine all the hopes and dreams snuffed out when these were killed.

There no dreams sitting on powder box

• @JoeMerit said:
    imagine all the hopes and dreams snuffed out when these were killed.

There goes the next Facebook.

• Yes :(

Same here.

• My VPS is no longer accessible. But I still have received their monthly invoice in October (charging $0 as usual).

Is it possible that they did not suspend the VPS actually but only have network outage?

• Oddly enough, mine still works:

• boralesborales Member
    edited October 2018

@cloudrino
    If he's still around...

Mine was gone a year ago with all data :(

• It was a shoddy Indian origin company which ran a stupid waiting game like they are going to be the next AWS and yet delivered just nothing. Such hosts rise every summer and fall before winters, forget them and move on!!!!

• doghouch said: Oddly enough, mine still works:

I guess you order something else from them also :smiley:

• My server is back online. Seems there was just a network issue cause it was not rebooted.

• I did not use them but I am saddened by this news and wish you the best of luck. You will be in my thoughts.

Sincerely,
    James B. Peach