Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which VPN software works with windows 8.1?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which VPN software works with windows 8.1?

I tried using softether on a KVM VPS, but it needs secure NAT enabling which kills CPU. Is it normal for secure NAT to use this much CPU? The CPU load was around 8.00 and websites were VERY slow...

I tried OpenVPN, when I connect I can't use the internet. It works fine on my friend's computer, but not mine!

Comments

• edited October 2018

Use OpenVPN script installer like Nyr or Angristan...No issue so far with them..

• @Creativity said:
    I tried using softether on a KVM VPS, but it needs secure NAT enabling which kills CPU. Is it normal for secure NAT to use this much CPU? The CPU load was around 8.00 and websites were VERY slow...

I tried OpenVPN, when I connect I can't use the internet. It works fine on my friend's computer, but not mine!

You mean the server is working but the clinic connection not working?

You can not connect but your friend can?

Not sure what your config is but you should run the client as admin ..

Right click - Run as admin... Also can you post your openvpn log? I can then do something..

• You should check characteristics of your vps. Are you sure you have the requirements for softether? In other to allow other services to run fast? And try to reinstall again.