Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hertzner performace to uk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hertzner performace to uk

So online.net increased the price of my server so I’ve been looking around at what I can get for the same price. I’ve come across hertzner auctions and just wondering what the connection to the uk is like?

Comments

• At least try to get their name right.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • jammyjammy Member
    edited October 2018

Hetzner's connection isn't the greatest during peak hours, but it works. If you're wondering about download, you can see for yourself at https://speed.hetzner.de/.

• YuraYura Member
    edited October 2018

It's HEINZ, you muthafuka, not hertzner! :angry:

• @Yura said:
    It's HEINZ, you muthafuka, not hertzner! :angry:

It's Hans

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • If flammenwerfer is not a local variety of waffles, I'm not interested...

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@ginner159 said:
    So online.net increased the price of my server so I’ve been looking around at what I can get for the same price. I’ve come across hertzner auctions and just wondering what the connection to the uk is like?

If you’re UK based, why not use a UK provider? We can be pretty flexible with pricing, not Hetzner style flexible, but I’m sure we can provide you with a great service we’re known for :-)

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I'm up north (so not close to London) and Hetzner's Falkenstein DC is about 26ms away from me. They're good value for the money, although I don't know about hammering the traffic I only have some smaller stuff there + backup location.

I've not got a dedi with Clouvider (yet...) but can vouch for their support and service.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Clouvider said:

@ginner159 said:

If you’re UK based, why not use a UK provider? We can be pretty flexible with pricing, not Hetzner style flexible, but I’m sure we can provide you with a great service we’re known for :-)

Just been on your site and half of your store/ order pages don’t work......

• @Mr_Tom said:
    I'm up north (so not close to London) and Hetzner's Falkenstein DC is about 26ms away from me. They're good value for the money, although I don't know about hammering the traffic I only have some smaller stuff there + backup location.

I've not got a dedi with Clouvider (yet...) but can vouch for their support and service.

It’s for website hosting and has low traffic at the moment only hosting 10 clients. I’m up north too in Yorkshire.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@ginner159 said:

@Clouvider said:

@ginner159 said:

Just been on your site and half of your store/ order pages don’t work......

If you're browsing the 'sale' offers then they do work, but are out of stock at the moment.
    UK Dedicated Servers scroll down to our regular offer or see the order portal here: https://console.clouvider.co.uk/cart/thn2-dedicated-servers/ - as I said, happy to discuss the specs/price to suit your requirements :)

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Worth a go I would say then. Not had to use their support so can't comment on that, but it's cheap.

I generally try and keep my UK production stuff in the UK, but I do have a couple of sites on Hetzner auction servers.

Thanked by 2Clouvider ginner159
  • @Clouvider will pm you later :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Clouvider sent you a pm

Thanked by 1Clouvider