Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta testers for hosted Borg backup services wanted. 100GB free space - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beta testers for hosted Borg backup services wanted. 100GB free space

12346»

Comments

• How do I join the beta?

• RazzaRazza Member

@aaronstuder said:
    How do I join the beta?

You don't am quite sure it out of beta stage already.

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

Razza said: You don't am quite sure it out of beta stage already.

Yeah. Beta ended for new users in Jan. But there is still a free tier of 5 GB. If you need more for testing a specific use case, just hit me up.

• @m4nu said:

Added an article that covers restoring backups using either borg mount or borg extract.

Hope it's useful. The install commands are probably a bit rough and I didn't test them everywhere. So it's likely not 100% copy&paste.

Thanks! When I have the time I will try, A good and simple KB/Docs are in my opinion essential for the success of your product. Most people want a good backup service with a easy, simple and fast way to restore files in case of a disaster.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited October 2019

Thanks a TON for working on this OSS desktop client. (Vorta)

I finally checked it out after months of procrastination. Decided to setup flatpak first, just to explore what that installer ecosystem is like.

I do believe I will be more diligent with my desktop backups now, with Vorta.
    I find zstd3 is enough for most data without burning up the laptop cpu. Compressed size finished pretty close to lzma-L6 for a 450MB epub/mobi calibre folder, while taking way less time.

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

Happy to be of service. I'm not investing as much time as I want to, right now. But since it's an open source project there are some other great contributors improving stuff on a regular basis. I'll just throw in the website link, if anyone has a similar problem:

https://vorta.borgbase.com

Thanked by 1vimalware