Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yet another WHMCS vulnerability?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Yet another WHMCS vulnerability?

rds100rds100 Member
edited October 2013 in General

It seems there is yet another vulnerability discovered, this time probably no public exploit. Patch is available from WHMCS

http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=80298

Thanked by 1alexvolk

Comments

• Great, it looks like WHMCS now need 24/7 monitoring for patches and exploits.
    That's too much, will be moving to ClientExec 5.0 soon.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I dont know why it is so difficult to make a in-house client like that. I'm working on a similar app like that, but for business

• @alexvolk said:
    Great, it looks like WHMCS now need 24/7 monitoring for patches and exploits.

You can subscribe to the RSS for their blog.

• @alexvolk said:
    Great, it looks like WHMCS now need 24/7 monitoring for patches and exploits.
    That's too much, will be moving to ClientExec 5.0 soon.

The same applies for almost every piece of software you have on your server. The need to constantly monitor what patches are available is just one of the joys of managing a server of any kind really.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2013

@hughesey said:
    The same applies for almost every piece of software you have on your server. The need to constantly monitor what patches are available is just one of the joys of managing a server of any kind really.

I couldnt agree more. While there is software that is autoupdating and I prefer to keep one vm for one job, at times you simply have to attend to it, some updates might break it, you need to check the back-ups if they are running well, it can work for years or might break the next day.

This is why sysadmins are needed, autohealing, autoupdating, auto backing up, they exist and they work to some extent.
    The art of juggling all these so you can do the most with the least effort and fewest people is much harder than the real juggling, constant learning and adapting is needed.

Thanked by 1tchen
  • Expecting WHMCS 5.2.165 soon