Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would cause FUSE to get disabled once enabled for a VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What would cause FUSE to get disabled once enabled for a VPS?

I got a VPS from sparksVPS and for the most part I have been happy with it except that FUSE keeps getting disabled. They enable it and some time later it gets disabled somehow because my VPS cant use it. This last time it only lasted 24hrs before it went down again. Without fuse my vps is pretty much worthless to me since I use plexdrive/rclone to connect to my gdrive.

Comments

• Try to restart your VPS..

• I did restart, several times, it didn't help. I have to put in a ticket to have it re-enabled which they do and then it starts working again until a day later when it stops working again. Rinse and repeat 3 times already.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

fuse gets disabled if the host node is rebooted and the host has not set the module to load on boot.

From your perspective because it is a container, you will not see any down time unless you monitor it separate as your container is suspended during reboot.

I cant think of any other conditions that would cause this unless they are going out of their way not to update your config file after adding fuse to remove it to ensure you have to re-request it which would be ridiculous.

• In my case fuse is inside the kernel. The problem is that /dev/fuse is not created at reboot. So with root try mknod /dev/fuse -m 0666 c 10 229