Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VawIt - A new encrypted storage solution. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VawIt - A new encrypted storage solution.

2»

Comments

• @tsoft said:

@claudiof said:
    you said FROM Portugal, aside from Farfetch (but the development is in OPorto) the others born in Portugal... but yeah.

Hah, then google, paypal, whatsapp, oracle, nginx are startups from Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan.

Yep, I meant based in Portugal, not born in Portugal.

Nevermind... we are offtopic, but clearly you don't know anything about that companies.

Thanked by 1404error
  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited October 2018

I mean, if the EU grants money of taxpayers to these startups, they would not move out to the US and benefit their economy. Also, most of these companies were funded by the US investors.

However, a myriad of startups just waste government grants, put to their pockets.

• @tsoft said:
    I mean, if the EU grants money of taxpayers to these startups, they would not move out to the US and benefit their economy. Also, most of these companies were funded by the US investors.

However, a myriad of startups just waste government grants, put to their pockets.

there are plenty of successful European startups, many in Portugal. Quite honestly, its an ignorant question.
    Companies moving their HQ elsewhere does not take anything away from their history, the companies mentioned were successful then moved their HQ cause ya know, even in an more than ever global economy, saying that you company is located "here" still matters to clients.
    Anyhow offtopic.

About the topic, after what came to light, I'm not a fan.