Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gsuite not receiving webform mail
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gsuite not receiving webform mail

squibssquibs Member
edited September 2018 in Help

So, I've got a site on reseller hosting. DNS managed on registrar. It's on gsuite. MX records, dkim, spf records all set up. Email working fine. Dkim and spf tests look good. I'm also aware of the trick of using [email protected].test-google-a.com format to overcome delivery issues.

However my website webform will not send to emails on the same domain. It will send to other domain email addresses without issue. Its a legacy free gsuite account so no support available.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• squibssquibs Member
    edited September 2018

@mailinabox said:
    Url?

For what? The site? Would rather not post it on a public forum

• Checked the error logs of your website for delivery errors?

Thanked by 1squibs
  • squibssquibs Member
    edited September 2018

@vmp32k said:
    Checked the error logs of your website for delivery errors?

I'm using WP check email plugin - it's saying delivery successful. Can also send to any other email address, except for email addresses on same domain.

I'll use a transactional service if I have to, but it's overkill for a contact form on a low traffic site.

• Is it cpanel based? Check use external mail server in dns seting

Thanked by 1squibs
  • @robohost said:
    Is it cpanel based? Check use external mail server in dns seting

Again, if that was the issue it wouldn't send out at all. I can get it to send to any email address except an email on the same domain.

• Prime404Prime404 Member
    edited September 2018

@squibs said:

@robohost said:

Again, if that was the issue it wouldn't send out at all. I can get it to send to any email address except an email on the same domain.

That's the point though, as there is an internal routing in the mail server that have higher priority than external MX lookups. Therefore the mail only gets routed internally to a possibly non-existant mailbox.

I can almost guarantee that it will resolve the issue for you.

• One of my client was facing exactly same issue and changing from local to external mail server in cpanel settings did the trick.

Thanked by 2squibs TheKiller
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

squibs said: but it's overkill for a contact form on a low traffic site

I miss 2012, simpler times.

• @Prime404 said:

@squibs said:

@robohost said:

That's the point though, as there is an internal routing in the mail server that have higher priority than external MX lookups. Therefore the mail only gets routed internally to a possibly non-existant mailbox.

I can almost guarantee that it will resolve the issue for you.

I'm pretty sure I specified this when I was provisioning the hosting account, but you make a good point. It's worth checking. Meanwhile - it's the weekend and I am drinking this tasty IPA in your honour.

• Or you could use a plugin Postman SMTP and use sendgrid trial account to see if it is sending,