Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Do I use AWS to sell cloud Hosting ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How Do I use AWS to sell cloud Hosting ?

How can I use AWS [Amazon Web Services] to sell cloud hosting?
Is there any cheaper alternative than AWS ?

Comments

• If AWS has a whmcs module there you go. Otherwhise I guess there are several hosts witj a whmcs module.

• You can't use AWS for selling cloud hosting. And there are a lot of much cheaper and more secure for your wallet alternatives. AWS Platform mostly used for professionals because of their infrastructure, and not their costs. AWS super big and powerful platform. One of the cheapest prices at https://ovh.com/

• You advertise your hosting plan. When someone comes to you to buy a plan, you create a new VM for them.

The traffic cost is pretty high compared to low end providers. Expect to pay a few hundred dollars for a moderate traffic site.

• EasedEased Member, Host Rep

AWS is prohibitively expensive for small fish.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • Price wise AWS (2 core 8 ram no disk) 0.08/hr, whereas Scaleaway (4 core 4 ram 80GB) 0.016/hr (EU only), Linode (2 core 4 ram 80GB) 0.03/hr, Vultr (4 core 8 ram 100GB) 0.06/hr and DigitalOcean (2 core 4 ram 80GB) 0.3/hr

• @woodsit said:
    Price wise AWS (2 core 8 ram no disk) 0.08/hr, whereas Scaleaway (4 core 4 ram 80GB) 0.016/hr (EU only), Linode (2 core 4 ram 80GB) 0.03/hr, Vultr (4 core 8 ram 100GB) 0.06/hr and DigitalOcean (2 core 4 ram 80GB) 0.3/hr

+1
    Don't start with AWS but start with DO if you feel save with big names.

• Install cPanel on an aws instance and go bankrupt within hours.

• @Demoxing said:
    How can I use AWS [Amazon Web Services] to sell cloud hosting?
    Is there any cheaper alternative than AWS ?

you can use whmcs module
    https://www.nuvepro.com/cloud-service-providers/whmcs-aws/

• you could always host at bezos home for free.

• I recommend using AWS Lightsail. Quite reasonable prices.

• @woodsit said:
    Price wise AWS (2 core 8 ram no disk) 0.08/hr, whereas Scaleaway (4 core 4 ram 80GB) 0.016/hr (EU only), Linode (2 core 4 ram 80GB) 0.03/hr, Vultr (4 core 8 ram 100GB) 0.06/hr and DigitalOcean (2 core 4 ram 80GB) 0.3/hr

if this is true...then why people say aws is expensive?

• AWS gouges you on egress bandwidth. (90%+ margin product for them)

• If you ask such a question, please, don't sell hosting services.

• Why are people in this thread instantly assuming that OP is a cheapo small fish with little money to spend. Maybe he is a big fish ceo who want to expand his multi millionaire hosting company because he has VVIP clients that he can't afford to lose.

• @yokowasis said:
    Why are people in this thread instantly assuming that OP is a cheapo small fish with little money to spend. Maybe he is a big fish ceo who want to expand his multi millionaire hosting company because he has VVIP clients that he can't afford to lose.

three things:

1. woman picture
    2. Explaining AWS (amazon web services) assuming its the first time we heard AWS.
    3. Looking for cheaper alternative.
  • @seenu said:

@woodsit said:

if this is true...then why people say aws is expensive?

That AWS price also doesn't include any disk space, all the others do.

• Simple you don't

• @yokowasis said:
    Why are people in this thread instantly assuming that OP is a cheapo small fish with little money to spend. Maybe he is a big fish ceo who want to expand his multi millionaire hosting company because he has VVIP clients that he can't afford to lose.

I can tell you from expierience, you can burn through millions over a weekend with AWS. And there is no price cap no matter what size your company has

• ..not gonna say it; I'm not that guy.