Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google drive backup and sync client issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google drive backup and sync client issue

I have a Hetzner server (Helsinki DC) running windows and when I use google backup and sync ,it seems to be very slow. With browser upload i get 400-500Mbps to google drive but with backup and sync client, maximum speed i get is 50-60mbps, sometimes even lower. Network settings are ok, proxy settings is set to direct connection and upload/download limit to don't limit. anyone else has faced this issue? any idea what could be the problem?

Thank you

Comments

• No.. you can post it on google drive forum.

• Google software tends to suck (at least on PC), just use RClone and be done with it.

• Is it safe to use gdrive for backup ?

• @Tumbleguy1 said:
    Is it safe to use gdrive for backup ?

Depends on how important your data is and which plan you're on.

• I suppose the speed would also depend on how many files and how large the files you get to backup and sync with Google drive.

• I think it will be better to have 3 sd card and 1 2 slot card reader and attach it to the usd driver and make folder sync and watcher program that syncs to card each minutes..Or hours.... No more Google product...

Yes?

• @Tumbleguy1 said:
    I think it will be better to have 3 sd card and 1 2 slot card reader and attach it to the usd driver and make folder sync and watcher program that syncs to card each minutes..Or hours.... No more Google product...

Yes?

I provided a vague response to your vague question. If it's only Linux ISOs, and you're not sharing them, it's probably fine.

Thanked by 1Tumbleguy1
  • @AC_Fan said:

@Tumbleguy1 said:
    I think it will be better to have 3 sd card and 1 2 slot card reader and attach it to the usd driver and make folder sync and watcher program that syncs to card each minutes..Or hours.... No more Google product...

Yes?

I provided a vague response to your vague question. If it's only Linux ISOs, and you're not sharing them, it's probably fine.

Thanks in written text!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Very often sync software is throttled to a bandwidth limit not to disturb regular usage on the client.

The Dropbox application also has this option to set a speed limit on the bandwidth.