Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High storage vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High storage vps

Hi,
After recent online.net price change, I'm mulling the idea of having a VPS for my storage and torrenting needs.

My budget is around 6-8$ usd / month

I use private torrents 90% of the time, my seeding speed is always limited.

I don't need many cores, mostly storage (500+, 1TB preferred), although I do run Plex server here and there

Location in Europe is preferred

Thank you

Comments

• You may try hostens,time4vps or ultravps.eu but problem. With hostens and time4vps is they have 100 MBPS port for your budget so that will go for average 4-5 TB bandwidth consumption.Even you buy 1 gbps port the speed is vastly shared and you won't be able to get good speed hardly it will flutter around 18-20 MBPS,as vps runs on 1 core processor and 1-2 gb ram at your budget,speed will drop frequently to 10-12 mbps,it hardly shoots to 30 mbps when you have 1-2 torrents only in client.if you have already seeding lot of files you will not get much speed due to already consumed sources.

For seeding it's is totally Ok.

You will suffer ratio maintenance on some trackers to 0.8-0.7 only.

Ultra vps is blazzer but again you say no to bandwidth limitation there is only 5 TB per month.(includes incoming too).

There is other good vps,liteserver.nl awesome but annual plan can suite you which is 10 euros per month (400 gb storage and great speed always touches max and ratio maintenance is floating to height again only 4 TB per month)

Other good plan is 300 gb for 5 euros per month but 3 TB bandwidth limitation.Customer care service is like you are talking to your friend and he helps you as you wanted 11 on 10 rating.extra +1 they never disappointed me till date.

Recently Contabo lowered their pricing bar and i am using one of it.No problems with speed and storage.Great speed.Customer support very good they help as deliver vps in time.

Hostsolutions is little worrying in torrenting not good as far I have used no customer response for days and speed is strangulated,though pricing looks great but service is not as it seemed to be.

It depends what you want for torrenting before looking.First see how much core could they give,how much and which ram they provide then opt for storage space unless you just want to seed and ratio doesn't bother/is not your task.

Choose wisely don't fall prey to pricing.I have mentioned my personal experience here with them.

• Sorry for bad english I am travelling and typed using my mobile.
    Many spelling mistakes.apologies.

Try for month before buying annual packages.

Liteserver.nl > Ultravps.eu > Contabo > hostens > time4vps my opinion if you want to try them In order.

You lastly think of hostsolutions because they think of customers tickets very late.Customer response is not good.

Thanked by 2UltraVPS LiteServer
  • Does anybody here use liteserver.nl's ovz 128mb plan? Can it run rtorrent/deluge without any issues?

• @dosai said:
    Does anybody here use liteserver.nl's ovz 128mb plan? Can it run rtorrent/deluge without any issues?

Yes it does without any issues just ram is less don't load your box with dozens of torrents,i have run this with using rutorrent and 4-5 torrents max at the time.

Absolutely flawless.

Try for one month if you want but I am sure you will jump up to annual package thereafter.

I have used it for 3-4 months without any downtime.just don't overflood the box beware of resources you are using for 128 mb ram.

• Unless you want to keep seeding at insane speeds all the time Time4VPS will be good enough. Been using it for ~4 years.

I have had LiteServer but I'd say it's really pricey (esp. seeing the storage and RAM) from LET standards. But this is just my own opinion. I've not used my VPS much so can't really comment on its performance but their support is excellent, like excellent excellent!

By the way I had never had bad experience with Time4VPS support either.

• @Devil said:
    Unless you want to keep seeding at insane speeds all the time Time4VPS will be good enough. Been using it for ~4 years.

I have had LiteServer but I'd say it's really pricey (esp. seeing the storage and RAM) from LET standards. But this is just my own opinion. I've not used my VPS much so can't really comment on its performance but their support is excellent, like excellent excellent!

By the way I had never had bad experience with Time4VPS support either.

I had issues facing speed,they promise to been on 1 gbps port my speed never shoots over 20mbps mark.Did you ever faced it? Yes I ran only couple of torrents and my server was not flooded with more than 5-7 torrents.

I had bad experience regarding speed getting compromised,basically you use seedbox to maintain good ratio nothing else.I did not get benefitted here so my option for time4vps is not favourable for torrenting.

I am not expecting speed to be over 100 MBPS,i do understand I am on shared port but surprisingly it's never above 20 mbps.I did not know why.

• AidanAidan Member
    edited September 2018

Rockfiles said: I had issues facing speed,they promise to been on 1 gbps port my speed never shoots over 20mbps mark.Did you ever faced it? Yes I ran only couple of torrents and my server was not flooded with more than 5-7 torrents.

IOPS

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • DevilDevil Member
    edited September 2018

@Rockfiles said:

I had issues facing speed,they promise to been on 1 gbps port

Which t4v plan? They don't offer 1Gbps for storage box, do they? They used to offer 400 Mbps and now it's 100Mbps. Right?

my speed never shoots over 20mbps mark.Did you ever faced it? Yes I ran only couple of torrents and my server was not flooded with more than 5-7 torrents.

Not really - never faced an issue. T4V has been rock solid. Back in the day I was seeding hundreds of torrents at a time. My seedbox has seen more than couple freeleeches. Earlier I never really used to check my average speeds but my uploads used to be really good. Btw, that has changed now. Now I am just looking for a simple 200GB seedbox)

I had bad experience regarding speed getting compromised,basically you use seedbox to maintain good ratio nothing else.I did not get benefitted here so my option for time4vps is not favourable for torrenting.

Sad to hear that, mine has been pretty good. But then again I never checked what speed I am getting on my VPS as long as my ratio was going up on trackers 😃 [1]. If your experience was bad. Raise a ticket with them maybe. And check whether your thrashing the disk a lot. Because that's another bottleneck.

I am not expecting speed to be over 100 MBPS,i do understand I am on shared port but surprisingly it's never above 20 mbps.I did not know why.

I think you mean to say 100 Mbps, not MBps, right?.

1Gb would be 125 MB so even if they promised 1Gbps (which they don't for storage line I think), maybe you should not expect a speed of 100MBps.

Anyway good luck.

[1] However I also realised after some time that there's no point of ratio hoarding, earn and spend, earn and spend, and so on... :-)

• RockfilesRockfiles Member
    edited September 2018

My plan was 1 TB storage for 100 MBPS port which I upgrade to 1 gbps port but want useful at all.

May be i should move on to other vps.