Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adjustments to Lowendscript for a larger VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Adjustments to Lowendscript for a larger VPS

sumeshpremrajsumeshpremraj Member
edited February 2012 in General

I find the Lowendscript to be a real time saver. However, after doing manual installs that are suited for 1GB and more of RAM, I find that LES setups are not as good on higher RAM VPSes (no surprise there, it is _lowend_script after all).

My question is, what are the modifications you would make after using LES on, say, a 1GB VPS? Which files, what settings etc.

Comments

• More cache to mysql.
    More threads to php.
    More workers to nginx.

That's all, now go and research xD

• @yomero Thanks, and yes I know my way to Google well enough so I think I'll get it right (always have the option of bugging you a bit for proper links xD )

• LOL!

I think you already did your research...

But

/etc/mysql/my.cnf
    /etc/init.d/php-cgi (not sure about this in Lowendscript, using php-fpm now)
    /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

Have fun

• Yep, I'm tweaking my.cnf and nginx.conf as I write this....

• fanfan Veteran

Also you can add APC/Xcache/eaccelerator or memcached to boost the performance as long as you have enough ram available.

• @fan said: Also you can add APC/Xcache/eaccelerator or memcached to boost the performance as long as you have enough ram available.

You always can tweak it to use less ram :P

• @yomero True but RAM won't be a problem for me with my medium traffic WP-powered site on a 1GB VPS :P

• Yes, I was talking about the @fan comment

• @yomero said: You always can tweak it to use less ram :P

APC doesn't use any RAM :) It uses HDD space mapped as memory (mmap). You'll see the size of your APC cache reflected in the VSZ (using 'ps') or VIRT (using 'top') size of the php processes (or apache processes if you're using it and mod_php).

If you're on OpenVZ with user_beancounters the cache size counts against your privvmpages. On KVM or Xen it's just a number.