Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap low end VPS for private seedbox (128 MB RAM, 100 Mbit/s, 50 GB/month bw) <$5/year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap low end VPS for private seedbox (128 MB RAM, 100 Mbit/s, 50 GB/month bw) <$5/year

d53d53 Member
edited September 2018 in Requests

Looking for low spec OpenVZ/VPS for private seedbox

• Storage space: as many GB as possible
  • RAM: not too important but I'd need to use around 64 MB constant load, all the time
  • Speed: not too important, ideally 100 Mbit/s or faster
  • Bandwidth: 50 GB/month or more
  • Price: looking for around $5/year

Seedbox content won't receive any DMCA complains and won't use any public trackers but if you'd ignore any fake complains etc it'd be a plus.

Looking forward your offers, thank you.

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2018

Unrealistic as fuck. Just grab cheapest yearly NAT and hope for the best that you wont get suspended.

• @stefeman said:
    Unrealistic as fuck. Just grab cheapest yearly NAT and hope for the best that you wont get suspended.

I see, thank you. I am not sure about how unrealistic it is because I used to have a $4/year shared VPS with unmetered 200 mbit/s and a minimalistic linux distro, specs were low but as long as I kept RAM usage low it was fine.

• @d53 said:

@stefeman said:

I see, thank you. I am not sure about how unrealistic it is because I used to have a $4/year shared VPS with unmetered 200 mbit/s and a minimalistic linux distro, specs were low but as long as I kept RAM usage low it was fine.

You can probly find NAT VPS with that price if you apply coupon code to some shit tier host and pay yearly, but don't expect anyone to deal with DMCA for a year for that price.

• @stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

You can probly find NAT VPS with that price if you apply coupon code to some shit tier host and pay yearly, but don't expect anyone to deal with DMCA for a year for that price.

Well I said it won't receive DMCA complains

edited September 2018

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

"Seedbox"
    "ignore any fake complains"

You can even get DMCA on IPT even though its a private tracker. DtecNet/Markmonitor is notorious for registering to different private trackers that are easy to get into.

• @stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

"Seedbox"

You can even get DMCA on Iptorrents even though its a private tracker.

Please see that I did write "if you'd ignore any fake complains it'd be a plus". Also, what about services that terminate if they get such a complain? I am not sure if you're trying to help me out or wishing I won't find any offer.

edited September 2018

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

"Seedbox"

Please see that I did write "if you'd ignore any fake complains it'd be a plus". Also, what about services that terminate if they get such a complain? I am not sure if you're trying to help me out or wishing I won't find any offer.

I'm a pirate myself, so I support your effort to find a host 100%, I just don't know why you expect anyone to deal with warez for 5 USD per year and even provide server on top of that. Don't be ignorant.

Theres plenty of choices starting from 1 USD/month if you are cheapskate.

You don't get fake complaints when you run a torrent server lol.

• @stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

"Seedbox"

I'm a pirate myself, so I support your effort to find a host 100%, I just don't know why you expect anyone to deal with warez for 5 USD per year and even provide server on top of that. Don't be ignorant.

I see, thanks for clearing things up. Well it's just that I had such a cheap account with another provider (which does not allow more than 1 account per person) that I thought I might have found something similar. Never had any problems with warez and such, simply because they are very low risk files, not software.
    Also the specs I'd need as you can see are very low. I'd even part with some of the monthly bandwidth if that is too much.
    What I'd need is just disk space and some MB or RAM, really.

What are your best suggestions for 1 USD/month?

Thank you

edited September 2018

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

"Seedbox"

I see, thanks for clearing things up. Well it's just that I had such a cheap account with another provider (which does not allow more than 1 account per person) that I thought I might have found something similar. Never had any problems with warez and such, simply because they are very low risk files, not software.
    Also the specs I'd need as you can see are very low. I'd even part with some of the monthly bandwidth if that is too much.

Thank you

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

@d53 said:

@stefeman said:

"Seedbox"

Thank you

Any yearly VPS that costs 12 USD and is located in Europe or Canada or ArubaCloud 1 USD VPS combined with Google Drive through FUSE mount (If the filesize is too small). or If you want to play risky, hackforums host as they are run by amaterus and cost less generally.

Though If I were you, I would invest in a Kimsufi Dedicated server KS-1 for $4,99/month and noone complains even if you max all resources and port speed. Plus you can run other stuff on it too.

Comes with the following specs:

Intel Atom D425
    2GB DDR3
    500GB HDD
    100 Mbps port

Why Kimsufi? Because many seedboxes are hosted in OVH, so your speeds to other peers are generally good and they don't seem to care unless you get insane amount of abuse letters.

• wishosting $2.99/year NAT VPS , 256MB RAM 40GB HDD

• @creep said:
    wishosting $2.99/year NAT VPS , 256MB RAM 40GB HDD

Thank you, that's what I had been using but they don't allow more than 1 account/person :-)

• @d53 said:

@creep said:

Thank you, that's what I had been using but they don't allow more than 1 account/person :-)

how many do you want? you want to make seedbox and sell it to your friends for $2/month ?

• d53d53 Member
    edited September 2018

@creep said:

@d53 said:

@creep said:

how many do you want? you want to make seedbox and sell it to your friends for $2/month ?

Nope, I simply need more storage. I'd be ok with another 40 GB, but it is not allowed with them, hence was looking for another provider.

• @d53 said:

@creep said:

@d53 said:

@creep said:

Nope, I simply need more storage. I'd be ok with another 40 GB, but it is not allowed with them, hence was looking for another provider.

for $5/year, i dont think its possible for that kind of big storage you wanted. just mount to google drive or yandex disk then.

• @creep said:

@d53 said:

@creep said:

@d53 said:

@creep said:

for $5/year, i dont think its possible for that kind of big storage you wanted. just mount to google drive or yandex disk then.

I see. But if they can make a 40 GB offer for that price why wouldn't other competitors be able to do a similar offer?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@d53 said:
    I see. But if they can make a 40 GB offer for that price why wouldn't other competitors be able to do a similar offer?

Same reason you are only allowed one / account.
    It doesn’t pay tve bills but gets your name out.

• @mikho said:

@d53 said:

I see your point but my questions may still be valid: if getting their name out is their idea, then wouldn't others do the same to get their name out? Thank you

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@d53 said:

@mikho said:

@d53 said:

I see your point but my questions may still be valid: if getting their name out is their idea, then wouldn't others do the same to get their name out? Thank you

There are more ways to get your name out there. :)

• @d53 said:

@creep said:

@d53 said:

@creep said:

@d53 said:

@creep said:

I see. But if most people pay 5 USD/month for 40GB storage why you can't do that?

Thanked by 1mikho
  • Go for Aruba $1 a month. Cancel anytime