Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

purpose of asn + ipv6 bundle
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

purpose of asn + ipv6 bundle

hi all

please don't kill me.

I'm trying to understand this asn / ipv6. been checking on Google but still dont quite get it.

couple. of u guys mentioned in some. of the posts that it should be a one time charge... so that means host us is a scam for charging yearly?

1)
suppose I am running a hosting service as well as some websites, how will buying a asn ipv6 actually help me.?

2)
I'm not doing any illegal but wondering how to avoid icann / wipo as they have ability to shutdown a website whenever they want.

I am in the apnic region and do have a hetz dedi server. thinking of buying if feasible. barely enuff money to eat.

:p

Comments

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2018

elliotwilliams said: of the posts that it should be a one time charge... so that means host us is a scam for charging yearly?

How come different providers with different pricing model called a scam to you? lol

Simply because HostUs doesn't want to spend their resources for free (mostly because of management and abuse handling). You can ask for IPv6 + ASN for free of charge if could prove that you are a valid client (not violating their term and with justification) with a/some long-term committed services with them. I'm sure @AlexanderM would be more than happy to do that.

elliotwilliams said: suppose I am running a hosting service as well as some websites, how will buying a asn ipv6 actually help me.?

Make your services IPv6 compatible and take part in making IPv6 more user friendly to the world :sunglasses:

elliotwilliams said: I am in the apnic region and do have a hetz dedi server. thinking of buying if feasible. barely enuff money to eat.

Hetzner doesn't allow you to bring your own IP on dedicated servers, they just offer that service for colo clients.

Hope things clear up for you ;) Correct me if i'm wrong

• hi

yes your explaination is clear to me. thanks alot.

i am happy to be a long term client of hostus. in fact im thinking of signing up with their reseller package asap and hopefully it might start things off for this trust factor which im more than happy to commit. im hoping @AlexanderM could reply?

• If you don't know what an ASN is, you don't need one.

Thanked by 2dfroe Clouvider
  • @Tom said:
    If you don't know what an ASN is, you don't need one.

I think he won't need it with a reseller package either.