Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ASN + ipv6 ripe service region
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ASN + ipv6 ripe service region

Hi im looking for a cheap way to get asn + ipv6. and dont know where to start currently im a student in computer networking in norway.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• I'm a simple guy. I see Computer networking, I say colocrossing.

• edited September 2018

I used @ruben to get an ASN and some PA v6 - he was prompt and helpful. I think @dfroe also offers RIPE LIR services.

This thread has a few more links that might be useful
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/114478/the-aio-ip-related-thread-ipv4-ipv6-asn

• imokimok Member
    edited September 2018
  • feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

HostUS has bundle deal for IPv6 + ASN: https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?gid=14

Hit @AlexanderM up if you have any question!

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@YellowHummingbird, thanks for mentioning. Like I posted in the AIO thread, anybody who is interested in any RIPE services, feel free to contact me, I am happy to help.

• 60 EUR/year for /48 PA
    • 120 EUR/year for /48 PI
    • Larger prefixes possible if justified (e.g. multiple sites)
    • IPv4 on request
    • rDNS possible
    • ASN registration one-time 100 EUR or 50 EUR if combined with IP lease.

I am registered as a small company so I do not bill any VAT accordig to German tax law.

All offers include personal e-mail support (in English and German) throughout the whole registration process.

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

For eServices ? Are you sure you shouldn’t be an equivalent of MOSSregistered to charge local tax rates in the EU ? Double check your legal position asnit doesn’t look right.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

I also recommend #dn42 of course, good way to start learning BGP.

Otherwise, I can provide ASN + IPv6 PI/PA space as well. For Norway, no VAT since I'm registered in Sweden.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider said:
    For eServices ? Are you sure you shouldn’t be an equivalent of MOSSregistered to charge local tax rates in the EU ? Double check your legal position asnit doesn’t look right.

Thanks for highlighting this. When I research the whole topic (small company + MOSS) about two years ago it was very difficult to find correct information about that specific scenario. I even phoned several times with our German tax agency responsible for MOSS and they finally said that I cannot participate in MOSS because I am not allowed to bill any VAT as small company (and thus do not have a VAT ID either).

From my understanding, the thing which changed in 2015 is that for eServices the taxation of the buyer applies. In order to make it easier for sellers to avoid paying VAT to each country's tax agency, MOSS was invented. I will refer to the term MOSS because "VAT for eServices" also exists but defines something different (for companies outside EU).

Given that one needs to apply the VAT taxation rules of the buyers country, some German pages link to this document by the EC where VAT thresholds are defined for all countries (~10k/year). So if I was a natural person in those countries, I wouldn't need to bill VAT with just ~0.5k/year sales.

However, the current situation is hard to understand for small companies. But hopefully things seem to become much easier and simplified in 2019.

"As of 1 January 2019 businesses can pay VAT at their home rate and in their home country, unless their annual revenues from cross-border sales exceed EUR 10,000." (Source, Source, Source)

This would mean that beginning 2019 officially German tax rules would apply for companies registered in Germany as long as annual revenue stays below 10k and as a result no VAT should be required for small companies.

This is just my own knowledge and the result of my personal research without any guarantee.

• tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited September 2018

Interesting that the Swedish tax agency states that the VAT thresholds are not applicable to MOSS, which means that all sales which are covered by MOSS are taxable.
    Source in Swedish

But I think we are getting off topic.