Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My (2 months old) domain is on uribl.com ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My (2 months old) domain is on uribl.com ?

Today, I got hetrixtools Blacklist Monitor Report.

My (2 months old) domain is on:

black.uribl.com

multi.uribl.com

The thing is that I only have 1 personal forum (no blog) on that domain. It only has 1 user that is me. That domain is on Shared hosting. I don't use it to send out spam mail.

I haven't got around to setup email account for that domain yet!

Comments

• https://admin.uribl.com

Look it up on their website and ask them why. It might just be the IP (not the domain)

• It just say:

They didn't provide explanation.

• so... read their website, read their FAQs and contact them.

I have never heard of URIBL so I doubt they matter anyway.

• aj_potcaj_potc Member
    edited September 2018

I've had trouble with this one as well when I hosted with ServerHub.

The URIBL site says "URIBL lists domains that appear in spam," which suggests that you will only be listed there if your domain name is being used in the body of spam emails. However, that's false. They actively block entire IP ranges without regard to whether a domain name appears in spam.

This means that if you have noisy neighbors (like I apparently did with ServerHub), you can find yourself listed there over and over, despite any attempts to get off their list. The only fix in my case was to get completely new IP addresses, which involved switching to a new provider.

Also, this is one you should care about, as I had huge issues with some major email providers blocking my legitimate emails because they do indeed consult URIBL.

Since moving to a new provider, I haven't had a single issue with URIBL. I'd suggest you do the same, and look for a different shared hosting provider.

• There are numerous spam listings on the Internet which I doubt you need to care at all.

• @dedipromo said:
    There are numerous spam listings on the Internet which I doubt you need to care at all.

This is absolutely true. The site http://multirbl.valli.org checks against a seemingly endless number of RBLs, many of which are not used by any serious mail services.

However, URIBL definitely caused issues for me, so if @Chuck can get this cleared up, it will help if he ever sends emails that contain his domain name.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

If OP didn't send spams, then it's likely that his server is compromised.

• Server don't need to be compromised to send out spam but only way to remove from blacklist is if you own or manage the ip which you are neither in shared hosting.

Contact your shared hosting provider to remove from blacklist or move your domain to an ip you own and resolve it yourself.