Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LunaNode - Toronto SSD Cloud - $10 Free Credit for New Canadian/U.S. Customers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LunaNode - Toronto SSD Cloud - $10 Free Credit for New Canadian/U.S. Customers

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
edited September 2018 in Offers

LunaNode is a cloud platform in Toronto. We offer an extensive array of cloud features:

• Hourly Billing: our services are billed hourly! See pricing here.
  • Live Snapshots: whether you use it for templating or backups, snapshots are super convenient. You can take consistent snapshots without even turning off your VM!
  • Volumes (Block Storage): volumes are block devices that can be attached/detached between your VMs, and are stored on a redundant Ceph cluster. Pricing is just $0.03/GB/mo.
  • Uptime Monitoring, DNS, E-mail: active customers (used at least $3 credit in the current month) can use our uptime monitoring, DNS, and e-mail platforms for free (with limits on free usage)!

Our pricing is at https://www.lunanode.com/pricing. For example, our m.2 plan comes with:

• 2 GB RAM
  • 1 vCPU
  • 20 GB SSD storage
  • 2 TB bandwidth
  • $7/mo ($0.00972/hr)

We are offering $10 free credit for new Canadian/U.S. customers (unused credit expires after 60 days)! No payment is needed, but a credit card validation step is required. To get the free credit:

More info about our infrastructure at https://lunanode.com.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

When are you opening your data center on Luna?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

deank said: When are you opening your data center on Luna?

Our rockets launch soon:

• @perennate said:

deank said: When are you opening your data center on Luna?

Our rockets launch soon:

Will you be using your own fiber, or will you be leasing?

• FIBRE TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

edited September 2018

teamacc said: Will you be using your own fiber, or will you be leasing?

Services will not have external connectivity. Our Luna datacenter is geared towards customers who want to be able to say "I have a VM on the moon", not for customers who actually need to interact with the VM.

That said, eventually we aim to take advantage of the cheap cooling costs on the moon to cater to customers with high compute demands. For data import/export, we will launch weekly rockets between our Toronto and Luna datacenters; customers will be able to schedule data transfers directly from the control panel. Although the cost of the rockets will be larger than the savings on cooling at first, our accountants estimate that it will only take a couple hundred years for us to achieve the scale needed for profitability.

At some point, once we have daily rockets, I think we will integrate all of this into the networking stack. So when you send a packet, it will get queued on the next rocket launch. (Similar to AWS Snowball, this is more scalable/economical than using radio or deploying fiber.) Some software adjustments will be needed though, e.g. very large TCP timeout.

Thanked by 1wa44io4
  • Canadian/U.S. customers (unused credit expires after 60 days)!

Just turn on VPN or you check-in by passports?

• tsoft said: Just turn on VPN or you check-in by passports?

or could just not fraudulently try to steal from a known good provider

edited September 2018

tsoft said: Just turn on VPN or you check-in by passports?

"a credit card validation step is required"

If you have credit card in U.S. or in Canada then you could get the promotion. It is limited to minimize risk of fraud, sorry.

• On these pages, you'll find grifters on both sides of the transaction. In your case, you're doing the only reasonable thing.

• @hzr said:
    or could just not fraudulently try to steal from a known good provider

It is just fair use so everyone would be equal.

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited September 2018

@perennate said:
    If you have credit card in U.S. or in Canada. It is limited to minimize risk of fraud, sorry.

From my experience running multiple job boards, western union scams (employment in the usa for money) are made by us residents (probably, temporary). If you dig deeper, you will see a plenty of scammers from the us, huh, and of course canada (sadly my compatriots, but anyway, just google).

In other words, I see no reason why other countries are more scammy than the us or canada.

(sorry can't press shift, just hit a hand on boxing :smile: )

• Great provider - stable network and super fast vps instances.

• perennate said: a credit card validation step is required

Some implement check out and face control should to be fine.

tsoft said: From my experience running multiple job boards, western union scams (employment in the usa for money) are made by us residents (probably, temporary). If you dig deeper, you will see a plenty of scammers from the us, huh, and of course canada (sadly my compatriots, but anyway, just google).

In other words, I see no reason why other countries are more scammy than the us or canada.

It is not about where scammers live, it is about the countries where scammers more often have stolen credit cards.

Hukin said: Some implement check out and face control should to be fine.

Sorry but we do not plan on requiring customers to cut off their face and mail to us.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • [Luna Node Sales #8236] ignored ?
    i have a strong feeling i should have been provided with a valid reason on the service suspension. since you failed to do this on time i am politely asking you why. why am i unable to access my customer panel and deployed instances and which particular clause in tos did i violate?