Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to delete OVH VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to delete OVH VPS?

Hi guys,

How to delete the OVH VPS? I cannot see any option.

Today i received this message:

"If we do not receive payment from you within 2 days,
we will suspend your services and late payment fees will be applied as per the contractual agreement.

Furthermore, if payment is not received without delay, we will start legal proceedings to obtain payment of this invoice.
"

Any suggestion?

Comments

• Nice providers you've got here LET

• dfmcvndfmcvn Member
    edited September 2018

In case you are using OVH APAC:
    https://ca.ovh.com/manager/index.html#/billing/autoRenew -> Terminate

• i recall ovh will terminate the vps if invoice is not payed but this email is new to me. Did you write to support?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thats new, that OVH does apply fees if you just let it expire.

• @Neoon said:

Confirm, charged me 0.66$ for 4 days.

• Despite the instructions in the FAQ about automatic billing:

You can request the cancellation of a service directly from your customer control panel (Billing > My services), up until the 19th day of the month during which your billing cycle expires. Beyond that date, the cancellation will be registered but will only take effect at the end of the period for which your services will have been tacitly renewed.

I don't see any way to cancel a service in the My Services panel.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2018

Neoon said: Thats new, that OVH does apply fees if you just let it expire.

They have services on both types of billing, one where you can just stop paying, and one like the OP got, where you have to submit cancellation or face fines fees and jail time. Not sure exactly what that depends on, possibly how recently you ordered or from which OVH brand (OVH/Kimsufi/SYS), or from which regional website.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited September 2018

@dfmcvn said:
    In case you are using OVH APAC:
    https://ca.ovh.com/manager/index.html#/billing/autoRenew -> Terminate

Yeah i used the Auto Renew feature, but wanted to terminate the service.Seems if the auto renew is ON, and they not get the money, then they forward the bill to a legal collector. Nice feature, time to pay the 4 euro and forget it. Moved to Hetzner Cloud -> Better support.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Neoon said:

You don't let it expire though. You default on the contract.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

ZweiTiger said: Nice feature, time to pay the 4 euro and forget it. Moved to Hetzner Cloud -> Better support.

In case you're not aware, Hetzner has a similar policy, so does the majority of ISPs.

• Didn't hetzner require a mail, written mail in a letter to cancel? Or now they change?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2018

@rm_ said:

Neoon said: Thats new, that OVH does apply fees if you just let it expire.

They have services on both types of billing, one where you can just stop paying, and one like the OP got, where you have to submit cancellation or face fines fees and jail time. Not sure exactly what that depends on, possibly how recently you ordered or from which OVH brand (OVH/Kimsufi/SYS), or from which regional website.

Since when?
    That model is not custumer friendly, no reason to buy that stuff with the fees.

There are enough providers, who put you on a grace period before killing it off, without fees.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Neoon said: Since when?

It seems like this is indeed based on date when ordered, and started since December 2017: https://docs.ovh.com/us/en/billing/faq-new-automatic-renewal-ovh/

• Okay. Now i got an IDLE vps:

VPS 2016 - SSD 1 - 1 month
    From 01-09-2018 to 30-09-2018

who need it? 1EURO payment. :)

-->PM

Thanked by 1Ympker