Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HardCloud.net | 256MB RAM KVM VPS @ $2.29 | Your Choice of OS | 1Gbps Port!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HardCloud.net | 256MB RAM KVM VPS @ $2.29 | Your Choice of OS | 1Gbps Port!

GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
edited October 2013 in Offers

Homepage
Webhosting
Linux VPS
Windows VPS

Auto Deployment:

All of HardCloud's linux VPSes are deployed instantly and automatically; Windows is installed in under ten minutes in most cases, so if you need your server quickly, you've come to the right place.

24/7 Support

HardCloud offers 24/7 Live Chat, Technical Support via Tickets, and will offer Phone support very soon as well; so if you need help with anything at all, well-trained Level 3 support technicians are only a click or call away.

What's included in your VPS?

• SolusVM Control Panel
  • KVM Hardware Virtualization
  • Your Choice of Operating System
  • Dedicated Resources (RAM,HDD)
  • Levels of Management Options
  • 99% Network Uptime SLA
  • Shared GigE port access available!
  • Additional IP Addresses available!
  • IPv6 available upon request
  • DDoS protection plan available
  • Windows Included!

Micro Plan

Plan 1

• 15GB RAID10 SSD-Cached DiskSpace
  • 512MB Dedicated RAM, 1024MB Swap
  • 512GB Elastic Bandwidth (up to 1024GB)
  • 1 vCore CPU, 1 IPv4 Address, GigE Port
  • Order Now $3.95/month (click here)

Plan 2

• 30GB RAID10 SSD-Cached DiskSpace
  • 1024MB Dedicated RAM, 2048MB Swap
  • 756GB Elastic Bandwidth (up to 1536GB)
  • 1 vCore CPU, 1 IPv4 Address, GigE Port
  • Order Now $4.95/month (click here)

Plan 3

• 45GB RAID10 SSD-Cached DiskSpace
  • 1536MB Dedicated RAM, 1024MB Swap
  • 1024GB Elastic Bandwidth (up to 2048GB)
  • 2 vCore CPU, 1 IPv4 Address, GigE Port
  • Order Now $6.95/month (click here)

Looking for something a bit different?

Feel free to either come on our LiveChat, open a Support Ticket, post in this thread or Private Message me to get a custom quote made specific to what you need, along the same pricing schedule as detailed above!

Data-center locations, test IPs, etc

We have servers located in Buffalo, New York; Las Vegas, Nevada (Switch SuperNAP 7), and are expanding to Maidenhead/Metro London (UK) in the near future. To test the speed and connectivity of our networks, please feel free to tracert or ping the test IP at our Las Vegas location: 162.222.128.202 .

Contact

Livechat: http://www.hardcloud.net

Client Area: https://secure.hardcloud.net

HardCloud is now owned by Albino Geek Services Ltd.
Owned and Operating out of Beautiful British Columbia
Incorporated April 27, 2012 01:39 PM Pacific Time
BUSINESS NUMBER: 815062880BC0001
INCORPORATION NUMBER: BC0939191

Comments

• I was looking forward to a friendly & helpful support & is really impressed by them.
    Ordered the Plan 1 first & upgraded to Plan 2. Server was delivered with Windows Server 2012 installed within 10 minutes as promised !

• @huggy said:
    I was looking forward to a friendly & helpful support & is really impressed by them.
    Ordered the Plan 1 first & upgraded to Plan 2. Server was delivered with Windows Server 2012 installed within 10 minutes as promised !

Hello @huggy,

Thank you for your business, we were glad to have helped you.

• so you guys fixed the windows 2012 license activation issue?

• @bigdarkmad said:
    Windows is pre-activated, I am satisfied with their sevices, but I suggested them to my father, and his VPS is just terrible.
    I'm not sure how it comes that my VPS is so good and his VPS is terrible.
    And we signed up from the exact same offer here, but he has 2 cores x 2 Ghz, and I have 2 cores x 3,2 (or 3,5) Ghz. And on top of that I have got a very good connection to my VPS, but sometimes the connection to his VPS really sucks (even we are in the same room, on the same notebook).
    Their support is good, but it is a shame for me, because my father is disapointed.
    Nothing againts you guys, but I am afraid that I couldn't suggest you again to a friend.

Hello Bigdarkmad,

Sorry to hear this, have you tried opening a support ticket? We can only resolve these kind of things if we know about them. I suggest opening a ticket so that we can resolve this.

• @bigdarkmad said:
    HardCloud:
    I talked to one guy from your team, he was good guy, and he somehow managed to put 2 addition cores on my father's VPS. But after a Windows preinstallation (managed by your stuff)...the situation became worse. Before 1-2 days I pre installed the Windows once again on my own via VNC. Now the windows is good and the connection is also good *may be not as good as mine, but still good enough...
    But I can see only 2 cores x 2 Ghz again. Today (morning my time) we found the VPS shutdown, I am not sure about the reason, because my father had some programs installed....I must check...but anyway...My VPS is stable and good from the day one, but his..just.....terrible.... I hope you will be able to fix it. I have no choose but to move him with another provider.
    Thanks.

Hello @bigdarkmad,

It is rather unfortunate that you are having this issue. I can update your cores once again if this really is a necessity, but I don't understand how the programs your father runs need so much CPU where you say they are the same programs you run.

His VPS is located on a server running E5-2620v2 CPUs, whereas yours was on one of our older nodes; running an E3-1270v3 alone. We have discontinued our E3 servers at this time, and found the E5-2620v2 to be a suitable replacement; since two can be placed on the same server.

By the way, would like to give me some email or something, where I can contact you directly. I hope that we will be able to clear those issues. My father don't have enough technical education. I understand you to some degree, but He could see only the bad side of the coin.
    Once agian, you are good guys, may be my father has just bad luck...

I was the one that originally gave you the cores, when we spoke over LiveChat. I have PMed you my private Email and Skype here on LowEndTalk so I may personally see to any further issues you have, as I do not like seeing customers having troubles on my network.

• @bigdarkmad

preactivated? I don't think so, I signed up with them for a windows 2012. It was mentioned that license included in offer. Since I couldn't go ahead with a trial version of software I requested activation and they mentioned that I need to pay 3.44$ for activation. Never mind, I paid that amount but even after one week, they couldn't activate the license and mentioned that they have some issue with the provider and couldn't provide me an estimated time for having it activated.

So finally I requested to cancel the service and refund and they did so.

Other than the license issue, all other things were fine, even the server was having decent performance for the money. their support was excellent, I used to get reply in 3 or 4 minutes maximum.

I will be happy to signup again if they can provide an activated copy of windows 2012 without any license fee ( additional payment).

• Hello @praveen,

We still do not have a license provider for Windows Server 2012, we have made it clear to people purchasing Windows Server 2012 that they should either bring their own license, or use the evaluation period until the time comes that our provider is willing to give us a fair price on Windows Server 2012; as they have with Windows Server 2008 R2.

I am sorry that this has affected you, and as such we were more than happy to refund you for your inconvenience with us regarding the license.

• @bigdarkmad said:
    HardCloud: Oki, I will send you an email. But you have to understand, that as I said, my father could see only the cores and their Ghz. He is not a technical geek....You know...most people are unable to see a difference between i3 and old Dual Core Proccess....
    Anyway after the pre-installation additional cores are gone (very strange and odd for me)....
    Oki, let go in private.

Hello @bigdarkmad,

Feel free to add me on Skype or email me to discuss this matter, I will deal with it with the utmost speed :).

• @HardCloud Will you do a OpenVZ 128 MB VPS plan for $15/year? Other minimum specs I require are 5 GB Disk Space, 150 GB Bandwidth, 1 IPv4 Address.

Please PM me if you can do this, thanks!

• @WellGrounded said:
    HardCloud Will you do a OpenVZ 128 MB VPS plan for $15/year? Other minimum specs I require are 5 GB Disk Space, 150 GB Bandwidth, 1 IPv4 Address.

Please PM me if you can do this, thanks!

Hello @WellGrounded,

OpenVZ is a completely different virtualization technology / hypervisor and cannot be mixed on the same nodes as those running KVM (to my knowledge, albeit limited.) We currently only provide KVM virtualized servers.

For the specifications you have requested, but as a KVM plan; I will PM you shortly.

• @HardCloud sure that works, thanks, looking forward to PM

• I have ordered Plan 1. How much time does it take to deliver the vps?

• @geoct said:
    I have ordered Plan 1. How much time does it take to deliver the vps?

Hello @geoct,

We are currently out of stock. We have new servers coming in this week.

• cvrle77cvrle77 Member
    edited November 2013

what happened with the site and servers?
    EDIT: my bad, it's my ISP

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited November 2013

HardCloud said: our provider is willing to give us a fair price on Windows Server 2012; as they have with Windows Server 2008 R2.

That is weird, SPLA pricing is the same for both 2008 and 2012.