Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr introduces $3.5 plan (includes IPv4)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr introduces $3.5 plan (includes IPv4)

ehhthingehhthing Member
edited August 2018 in Providers

It is just the $2.5 plan with an IPv4 on it.

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@ehhthing said:
    It is just the $2.5 plan with an before they took IPv4 on it away.

FTFY! :wink:

• They could cut those 20GB to 10GB and make it $2.50 or $3.00.

People that plan to run a webserver with cloudflare don't need the IPv4, and will still go with the $2.50 plan

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Already discussed in https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2873469/#Comment_2873469
    not good enough for you?

• Just in competition with new Amazon prices.

• vovler said: People that plan to run a webserver with cloudflare don't need the IPv4

If they need to contact ipv4 only APIs they might need it...

• It was the $2.5 plan. But the price is acceptable.

• are there any promo codes for vultr at the moment? I dont want that $100 or $1000 valid for 3 days.

• Almost a year's worth of a 512mb vps. Fuck yeah, thanks!

• imokimok Member

Of course you can always click my aff link https://www.vultr.com/?ref=7521382

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@imok: Why "VortexMagnus" in your signature? He's long gone!

Thanked by 1adxn
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@angstrom said:

thatsthejoke.gif

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Harambe said:

@angstrom said:

thatsthejoke.gif

Hah. Just checked vortexnode.com , which is no longer.

• imokimok Member

I'm testing MariaDB inside this VC2 Plan. Soooo slooowwww.

• YuraYura Member

@imok, that was a good one, you caught me.

Thanked by 1imok
  • @imok, no affiliate clicks for you.

• @imok shame on you for stealing my sig.

• imokimok Member
    edited August 2018

/me is talking to someone
    I'm sorry, I don't remember you.

Edit: Joke failed. No /me anymore?

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • And the race to the bottom with 'enterprise' providers begins.

• If Amazon add $2,50 plan with IPv4 includes. Vultr will do the same, for sure.

• LeeLee Veteran

Personally, I think it's good especially for the LET market. Big players coming in under $5 means the LET providers will need to work a little harder for their share.

• @Corey said:
    And the race to the bottom with 'enterprise' providers begins.

$3.50 for 512mb ram and 500gb bandwidth are a "race to the bottom"? Maybe it's a somewhat fair price for a VPS in Papua New Guinea, but in NA/EU it's not even remotely competitive.

• torrbox said: in Papua New Guinea

Will be interesting location, somewhere in jungles :smiley:

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@Hukin said:

torrbox said: in Papua New Guinea

Will be interesting location, somewhere in jungles :smiley:

Would definitely buy it.

• v3ng said: Would definitely buy it.

DC will be fully operated by local aborigines with a smile.

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

They'd still have more experience than most of the new providers here.

• @torrbox said:

@Corey said:

$3.50 for 512mb ram and 500gb bandwidth are a "race to the bottom"? Maybe it's a somewhat fair price for a VPS in Papua New Guinea, but in NA/EU it's not even remotely competitive.

No, $3,50 is a race to the bottom, regardless of what resources they are giving you. The margins on any package at that cost are really low.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited August 2018

Not sure if anyone else sees it the same way, but this new $3.50/m plan makes their $5/month more a bargain for what you get memory/disk and feature wise :)

@Corey said:
    No, $3,50 is a race to the bottom, regardless of what resources they are giving you. The margins on any package at that cost are really low.

Probably introduced as they will free up alot of non-skylake xeon servers for sub $20/month plan now that they've announced skylake only higher plans

• eva2000 said: this new $3.50/m plan makes their $5/month more a bargain for what you get memory/disk and feature wise :)

I'm confused, did the $5/m plan change? It has 1gb memory and 25gb disk, vs 512mb memory and 20gb disk for the $3.50 plan. I notice they don't post a geekbench for the $3.50 cpu, and the $5 one has a lower rating than the $10 one.

• @Corey said:

@torrbox said:

@Corey said:

Ah, yeah. Not sure how aruba can live off 1€/month. I assume they don't want to offer more expensive packages with more resources in order to not cannibalize their cloud thing.

It seems to be mainly about acquiring customers with low prices and then selling them premium add-ons or more expensive packages as they grow, which have horrible value. Just look at the expensive vultr/scaleway/hetzner packages.