Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mother of all hosting company acquirers looking to sell itself
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mother of all hosting company acquirers looking to sell itself

hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
edited August 2018 in General

Internet hosting company Endurance International Group Holdings Inc. is considering strategic options, including a possible sale, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-24/endurance-international-said-to-consider-options-including-sale

EIG hosting
  1. Now, I will buy hosting from EIG host63 votes
    1. Yes
      15.87%
    2. No
      23.81%
    3. Are you kidding ?
      60.32%

Comments

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited August 2018

LET Admins / community should get together and buy them, and re-sell their services at a normal price so we can all benefit.

• EIG is a fail.
    I hope Godaddy doesn't buys it. Or it will not since KKR (one of the investor) has sold EIG in 2011.
    If not GD, who will buy? Amazon? Google?

• addition: Or…EIG can offer SSD harddrives, faster machines and include backup procedures upon which customers can actually rely to become profitable and not need to sell at all.

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited August 2018

@Sofia_K said:
    addition: Or…EIG can offer SSD harddrives, faster machines and include backup procedures upon which customers can actually rely to become profitable and not need to sell at all.

Agreed. Their VPS prices are bonkers too. I always get a good laugh in looking at hostgator's vps page :joy:

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • I was BlueHost's customer some 10 years back when it was a private company having dc in Utah. It was good and reliable. but that's a history.

Thanked by 1Claverhouse
  • LeviLevi Member

I still remmemmber how good hostgator was prior to EIG

Thanked by 2imok Claverhouse
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

A new dawn draws near.

EIG has been a WSS in webhosting industry.

• LeviLevi Member

@deank said:
    A new dawn draws near.

EIG has been a WSS in webhosting industry.

Disgusting.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

What if OVH buy them?

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

EIG, the most oversold hosting company, with all it's brand. I cannot name a brand of them that does not have oversold host and extreemly slow servers.

Besides EIG, Hostinger comes next. All it's brands aswell.

• May Be OVH

• I'm wondering who might actually buy it that would be worse.

• @JohnMiller92 said:
    LET Admins / community should get together and buy them, and re-sell their services at a normal price so we can all benefit.

if you play the cards right , the branding alone will fuel profits.
    flip it when the time is right ,
    call it a day and drink ice lemon tea to death.

im in. hope i do not have to sell my kidney to chip in.