Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS - Mail Service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS - Mail Service

Hello, Respected there,

Before i'm using shared hosting with cPanel for my web hosting site but as you know shared hosting isn't good as well so im moving to VPS for my site and whmcs , so normally im migrate my site to VPS,, but the problem started after that,
before i used Cpanel mail server ( SMTP ) with WHMCS and its working good but most emails are going into spam box so that's annoying. so now I'm using vultr managed VPS but now mails system stops working cause i leave cpanel usage.

i have done some research and found mailgun so i have setup and try but its not working for me, and they are asking for credit card always im newbie, and i don't have credit card, then i try with mandrill but I really didn't get this after sign up what should i do? reference: prntscr. com/knfg7v

when i try to login with MailChimp then this page popup..

still, is there any free SMTP service available then suggest me please, which support my own credentials like, [email protected], [email protected],, and didn't go to the SPAM box.

I really need some help.

Comments

• You can check out with https://sendpulse.com/features/smtp . They allow 12000 message for free monthly .

• I can able to use credentials like, [email protected],
    [email protected] ??

• YuraYura Member

YES!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

AYE!

• Sounds like to me when you moved to a VPS, you need to consider running your own mail service for send/receiving or use a service like Sendgrid/Mailgun/SendPulse to service your emails.

• reditredit Member, Host Rep

As you have now tried different options for sending your eMails from your new setup have you checked your DNS Zone file just to make sure that you have not got an SPF record still pointing to the old mail server.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

I use Rackspace hosted mail for incoming and send via SES. Most reliable way so far.

• Vultr close port 25 by default, open ticket to get the port open

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider

@MikeA said:
    I use Rackspace hosted mail for incoming and send via SES. Most reliable way so far.

Exact same setup for us here.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

In regards to the spam issue, make sure you have the proper MX and SPF records set also rDNS from the hosting provider's end.

You can also install Postfix on your server for the usage of SMTP or use SendGrid and just enter the SMTP settings in the mail settings on WHMCS.

• The problem I find with using companies like SendGrid or Sparkpost, you will still get blocked a lot due to the shared IP's being on blocklists, and then I think to myself - what's the point of getting a dedicated IP with them when I can just run my own VPS? Problem with that is that I still get blocked by stupid in-house lists that Outlook and the big players have.

Not sure how to win!

@KristopherH said:
    The problem I find with using companies like SendGrid or Sparkpost, you will still get blocked a lot due to the shared IP's being on blocklists, and then I think to myself - what's the point of getting a dedicated IP with them when I can just run my own VPS? Problem with that is that I still get blocked by stupid in-house lists that Outlook and the big players have.

Not sure how to win!

Dunno about those, but with SES I've never had mail blocked or sent to spam due to IP rep. Only times it goes to spam has to do with the contents of the email. Last month I had to change up my email templates to stop them from going to spam.

• @MikeA said:

@KristopherH said:
    The problem I find with using companies like SendGrid or Sparkpost, you will still get blocked a lot due to the shared IP's being on blocklists, and then I think to myself - what's the point of getting a dedicated IP with them when I can just run my own VPS? Problem with that is that I still get blocked by stupid in-house lists that Outlook and the big players have.

Not sure how to win!

Dunno about those, but with SES I've never had mail blocked or sent to spam due to IP rep. Only times it goes to spam has to do with the contents of the email. Last month I had to change up my email templates to stop them from going to spam.

Just checking out AWS now, really cheap! I only use it for personal mail so hopefully it's good :)

• @daxterfellowes said:
    Sounds like to me when you moved to a VPS, you need to consider running your own mail service for send/receiving or use a service like Sendgrid/Mailgun/SendPulse to service your emails.

Yeah, its hard to set up mail service for vps cause im newbie haven't much knowledge, so i think sendpulse is a good option for me, cause i have tried mailgun and they are asking for credit card and sendgrid UI is complicated for me.

• @hostnamaste said:
    In regards to the spam issue, make sure you have the proper MX and SPF records set also rDNS from the hosting provider's end.

You can also install Postfix on your server for the usage of SMTP or use SendGrid and just enter the SMTP settings in the mail settings on WHMCS.

Actually i have tried sendgrid but its too much complicated, i need a tutorial.

• @MikeA said:

can you help me to setup the aws :neutral:

• @hostnamaste said:

please help me to set up the postfix ;/

@Demoxing said:

@MikeA said:

can you help me to setup the aws :neutral:

Just add CNAME and TXT records that SES provides for your domain and that's it. You can create SMTP info from the SES panel afterwards.

• Patiently waiting on AWS verifying my DNS records, takes ages man.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I use https://www.mailgun.com/, with my own domain name. Handle incoming traffic as well.

• EvpaEvpa Member

How many emails do you send per month?

• @Evpa said:
    How many emails do you send per month?

monthly maximum 1k

• postmarkapp.com

• @nqservices said:
    postmarkapp.com

free solutions please

• Hi. Try use sendgrid or mailgun. Just use the free version. Im using sendgrid and its works.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Demoxing said:

@nqservices said:
    postmarkapp.com

free solutions please

Mailgun

• @MikeA said:

@KristopherH said:

Not sure how to win!

My AWS domain is still 'pending verification' after adding the records, it says it can take up to 72 hours - how long does it usually take? Seems very inefficient for people like me who are in a rush.

@KristopherH said:

@MikeA said:

@KristopherH said:

Not sure how to win!

My AWS domain is still 'pending verification' after adding the records, it says it can take up to 72 hours - how long does it usually take? Seems very inefficient for people like me who are in a rush.

Probably a day or two, mine too 12 hours or so.

• @KristopherH said:

@MikeA said:

@KristopherH said:

Not sure how to win!

after adding the TXT records it take 2-3 hours for me

• @Demoxing said:

@KristopherH said:

@MikeA said:

@KristopherH said:

Not sure how to win!

after adding the TXT records it take 2-3 hours for me

Mine has been verified now, only thing is that I now have to wait for their support to let me out of the sandbox.