Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth buying lifetime licenses for Blesta?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Worth buying lifetime licenses for Blesta?

armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

So no doubts, WHMCS is at the top and it will remain so for the moment. This is not a comparing thread.

As Blesta might be the second best billing system for hosting(no?), is it worth buying the lifetime license for it? Let's say i have a dozen of reseller hostings using WHMCS as a billing system and most of them, i'm paying monthly.[Not many lifetime licenses for WHMCS] and i was looking for another option ro reduce the costs(hey Blesta!).

What do you think?

Comments

• I have a lifetime license of blesta and no regrets :)

Thanked by 2imok pphillips
  • Blesta is much better and not buggy and not include shitty code as WHMCS. SO YES!

Thanked by 1pphillips
  • YuraYura Member

Yes, buy it!

I can make all financial decisions for anyone, just ask.

Thanked by 13606202
  • @Yura said:
    Yes, buy it!

Should I put my $7 to idle vps or idle vps?

• YuraYura Member

@jetchirag said:

@Yura said:
    Yes, buy it!

Should I put my $7 to idle vps or idle vps?

YES!

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

we would recommend blesta

if you see from my perspective, whmcs and blesta, both have their pros & cons

but we as hosting providers need to decide on our priorities

by the way, being a blesta reseller, we may get you some discount, incase you require a license

but again, its on us to decide blesta or whmcs or something else

• deankdeank Member, Troll

O.M.G, the original owner of the famous avatar is here.

The end must be nigh.

• imokimok Member

Breaking news:

agentmishra said: but again, its on us to decide blesta or whmcs or something else

Jokes aside, Blesta is great, it helps me a lot to manage my clients (as a web design agency). Paul is a great guy with very helpful people on Discord.

I got an owned license with a great discount (I think) on the New Year eve and I don't regret, altough hosting is not my primary business.

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@imok said:
    Breaking news:

agentmishra said: but again, its on us to decide blesta or whmcs or something else

Jokes aside, Blesta is great, it helps me a lot to manage my clients (as a web design agency). Paul is a great guy with very helpful people on Discord.

I got an owned license with a great discount (I think) on the New Year eve and I don't regret, altough hosting is not my primary business.

thanks mate, for the kind words for Paul

• Paul & Blesta discord is great

• imokimok Member

deank said: O.M.G, the original owner of the famous avatar is here.

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

What year are you in?

mailinabox said: Blesta is much better and not buggy and not include shitty code as WHMCS. SO YES!

It's worth it if you have extra money laying around and can wait a few more years for it to be useful.

Just check their forums yourself and see the state of the product is in. Its actually quite sad.

armandorg said: As Blesta might be the second best billing system for hosting(no?), is it worth buying the lifetime license for it? Let's say i have a dozen of reseller hostings using WHMCS as a billing system and most of them, i'm paying monthly.[Not many lifetime licenses for WHMCS] and i was looking for another option ro reduce the costs(hey Blesta!).

What do you think?

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@lonea said:
    It's worth it if you have extra money laying around and can wait a few more years for it to be useful.

Just check their forums yourself and see the state of the product is in. Its actually quite sad.

Maybe a while ago this may have been true, they've come a long way recently though - what is exactly missing in your opinion to make it "quite sad"?

A proper domain manager ?

https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7197-domain-manager-we-need-your-feedback-on-domains/

https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11840-is-time-to-talk-about-domains/

@iKeyZ said:

@lonea said:

Maybe a while ago this may have been true, they've come a long way recently though - what is exactly missing in your opinion to make it "quite sad"?

• jhjh Member

I don't think the economics of the Lifetime licence make sense. Even the economics of the owned license are dubious, especially since development seems to be really slow and if business goes well, you might decide to jump ship.

• One day stock price of Blesta will be jump like WHMCS and you will regret. Hurry!!

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

No doubt lifetime license of Blesta is worth :)