Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small VPS in Singapore with fast network please
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small VPS in Singapore with fast network please

peixotormspeixotorms Member
edited August 2018 in Requests

Hi there,

I moved to Thailand and I am looking for a reliable Ubuntu 18 VPS server in Singapore, under $5 a month, that has at least 100 Mbps connection and allows me up to 300 GB traffic per month.

I want to use it as a private VPN for work, because sometimes I need a fixed IP to stay logged in consistently for a few days on a few services.

Sometimes I need to download files from 1 to 20 GB via SFTP or even HTTP from Japan, Europe and USA.. so I don't want a slow network please.

In addition, when I travel to Japan, sometimes I may want to download some Anime episodes (a couple of GB at most) using alldebrid.com for which I have an account... problem is, they don't allow most VPN and cloud servers (I tried AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Linode, Vultr, DO).

If you are a VPS provider, run this on one of your servers before offering your services and make sure it doesn't return something like VPN not allowed:
curl https://alldebrid.com/service/ | grep VPN

I do have a working setup hosted in Japan, but they throttle me to a nice 512/512 Kbps after I download around 5GB of data in one hour... and it kills my business.

I don't want offers for a VPN service...
I want to install it myself (Wireguard).

Ideally, a free trial for a few hours would be nice.
Payment by PayPal preferable.

Please suggest me some providers in the West Coast too (that pass these requirements), since I'll probably need it soon too... but Singapore is more important.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

$3.50 limited stock - Has 100GB bandwidth but if you get to 70% of your allocation open a ticket and most of the time more is added for free. 1 core 4.2GHz, SSD, Singapore.

If you wanted the command ran to see if the IP is blacklisted by that service, here's the result:
    <div id="ariane" class="error_ariane"><span style="font_size:15px;">VPN</span> : Dedicated servers are not allowed on Alldebrid.</div></div>

If that's why, doubtful you'll find any VPS to use as a VPN that isn't blocked.

• @MikeA said:
    If that's why, doubtful you'll find any VPS to use as a VPN that isn't blocked.

Thanks for the offer. I do have a server working in Japan that is not blacklisted by that service... (its not impossible) but that's why I'm asking here about Singapore providers :)

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Singapore is more of a hub than Japan is, which is mainly why I say that. Others that use whatever service you are likely have gotten everything in Singapore blacklisted.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • gaulgaul Member

site leech detected :love:

• A Vultr data center locates in Singapore, it offers a pricing plan with $2.5 per month, but it is IPV6 only. If you don't care about it, you can try.

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

Here's the result.

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                     Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
    100 51072    0 51072    0     0  86537      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  142k

• You can try somagu.com, it's in Korea and they only offer NAT IPs. However, their IPs are from Korea Telecom so it's probably not in any VPN blacklist.

Thanked by 2JerryHou peixotorms
  • HukinHukin Member
    edited August 2018

May be UpCloud - 100Mbps both sides. Someone get faster in SG?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2018

Hukin said: 100Mbps both sides. Someone get faster in SG?

Linode, Vultr and DO should be all faster than 100 Mbit.

Linode especially, they provide "40 Gbps Network In, 1000 Mbps Network Out" even on the $5 plan.

• rm_ said: Linode especially, they provide "40 Gbps Network In, 1000 Mbps Network Out" even on the $5 plan.

Can you provide a speed test(s) in SG locations?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Hukin said: Can you provide a speed test(s) in SG locations?

I don't have an SG VPS, but I have Linode Japan, and just tried downloading from Linode, Vultr and DO speedtest files in SG. Linode and DO get me about 200 Mbit/sec, and Vultr about 400 Mbit.

• HukinHukin Member
    edited August 2018

rm_ said: I have Linode Japan

That two different locations and cannot be compared

rm_ said: Linode and DO get me about 200 Mbit/sec, and Vultr about 400 Mbit.

Can you create a visual tests?

• @Hukin

Linode SG

$ ./speedtest.py 
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from Linode (172.104.50.166)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by PT Indosat Tbk (Singapore) [6.25 km]: 1.994 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 608.98 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed................................................................................................
    Upload: 851.02 Mbit/s

$ ./speedtest.py 
    Hosted by NewMedia Express (Singapore) [6.25 km]: 1.907 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 1624.63 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed................................................................................................
    Upload: 1548.43 Mbit/s

$ ./speedtest.py 
    Hosted by Viewqwest Pte Ltd (Singapore) [6.25 km]: 1.74 ms
    Download: 1956.01 Mbit/s
    Upload: 972.74 Mbit/s

• Ever considered Leaseweb? I once used their Singapore VPS for a couple of months and was pretty satisfied.

• sibaper said: sibaper

Nice, that what asking for

• Indeed. Trying to test IndoVirtue. Looks like 1Gbps port. :)

• Host us. Try it..

• ITLDC SG only 16 Mbps..

• We offer KVM VPS in Singapore with 450GB monthly bandwidth and 250Mbit connection for £3.12p/m here.
    If not sufficient, you can always build your own to your required specifications.

• I appreciate all the tips from everyone, but Linode, Vultr, DO, etc... are not solutions for me. I'll give it a try to some of the other providers here.

• @peixotorms said:
    I appreciate all the tips from everyone, but Linode, Vultr, DO, etc... are not solutions for me. I'll give it a try to some of the other providers here.

Make sure you contact the provider beforehand and ask about if your video streaming site is blocked.

• Streamline-Servers have a very fast network in SG.

https://streamline-servers.com/sgvpshosting.php

There's the Singapore VPS details.

• @hyypperionn said:
    Streamline-Servers have a very fast network in SG.

https://streamline-servers.com/sgvpshosting.php

There's the Singapore VPS details.

Any Test IP?

• @BoldBaatar said:
    A Vultr data center locates in Singapore, it offers a pricing plan with $2.5 per month, but it is IPV6 only. If you don't care about it, you can try.

Wait. Vultr actually has $2.5 in SG ? I thought it is just there for bait and never available

• @yokowasis said:

@BoldBaatar said:
    A Vultr data center locates in Singapore, it offers a pricing plan with $2.5 per month, but it is IPV6 only. If you don't care about it, you can try.

Wait. Vultr actually has $2.5 in SG ? I thought it is just there for bait and never available

Yes, but it only have IPv6.

• expertvm +1

• hyypperionn said: Streamline-Servers have a very fast network in SG.

100Mbps port not a fastest for Singapore.