Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Lightsail halving most of its pricing. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Amazon Lightsail halving most of its pricing.

2»

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited August 2018

@Falzo: Did you get one?

I wonder what Amazon Linux is like. :smile:

• @angstrom said:
    @Falzo: Did you get one?

I have a 512MB lightsail instance running in Frankfurt for a while now:

12:59:42 up 287 days, 20:27, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

it seems to run very stable but performance-wise I'd say it's mediocre cause you easily run into limits for IO or whatever stuff and then it feels sluggish.

I don't use the amazon linux, so can't tell anything about it. debian. thx. ;-)

however, I'd say the price drop should have been done much earlier. I guess people don't really buy that over-expensive stuff though, just burn through free credits...

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • YuraYura Member

Amazon Linux is exactly the same as Debian Stable except when you type pipe operator it shows Bezos cock.

• @Yura said:
    Amazon Linux is exactly the same as Debian Stable except when you type pipe operator it shows Bezos cock.

do you like it?

• YuraYura Member

@creep said:

@Yura said:

do you like it?

Do you always ask for cock reviews before diving in?

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @Yura said:

@creep said:

@Yura said:

do you like it?

Do you always ask for cock reviews before diving in?

Eh, not that. Amazon Linux.

Thanked by 2Yura NanoG6

@angstrom said:

Apparently, Amazon Linux is a heavily customized version of CentOS/RHEL. The following page suggests not to use it if one ever considers migrating away from AWS.

https://www.exratione.com/2014/08/do-not-use-amazon-linux

• If anybody has tested their London location, please post any benchmark.

• No Brazil for lightsail, right?

I found this older post at Stack Overflow about the relation between Lightsail and EC2 informative:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40927189/what-is-difference-between-lightsail-and-ec2

Thanked by 2dfmcvn Falzo