Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Providers does AMD KVM VPSes ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which Providers does AMD KVM VPSes ?

mohamedmohamed Member
edited August 2018 in Requests

Hello,

After Spectre/Meltdown i felt threatened for a while but then later i felt totally insecure with foreshadow until I find some good reputable AMD EPYC Provider to my move my websites too.

Providers:

Looking forward for your offers.

Community:

I am waiting for your recommendations.

Thanks.

Comments

• Thanked by 1mohamed
  • @MrPsycho

They don't mention if its AMD while choosing your plan, or all of the nodes are AMD ?

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@mohamed, our nodes in London runs on AMD EPYC 7281P, thanks!

• AMD servers are also vulnerable to that class of attacks even if the specifics differ. If it's an issue to you, use a dedi.

• @willie said:
    AMD servers are also vulnerable to that class of attacks even if the specifics differ. If it's an issue to you, use a dedi.

+1

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@vmhaus said:
    @mohamed, our nodes in London runs on AMD EPYC 7281P, thanks!

EPIC!

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • Amd processors much more vulnerable then intel one, and have around 14 very powerful and dangerous problems STILL opened after reported about them in March. Several months gone, but there is no fix at all. So this is a bad move. Also, AMD does not support well hell a lot of hardware, and virtualization, I don't' think that someone will risk their money to invest for hardware which will crash every here and there for no reasons.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

Mate, I think you’re reading bad sources of information. Our experience with Epyc is very good, no crashes, high performance, and definitely no issues with virtualisation.

Thanked by 2MrPsycho coreflux
  • @Clouvider said:
    Mate, I think you’re reading bad sources of information. Our experience with Epyc is very good, no crashes, high performance, and definitely no issues with virtualisation.

I still get images of AMD cpus catching on fire stuck in my head. Having said that, my AMD VPSes with VMHaus have been very stable.

Yep. I wasn’t a fan of AMD until Epyc either ;-).

• @Clouvider said:

Are you using Epyc for Webhosting only, or for VPS? This is super different things.

@desperand said:

@Clouvider said:

Are you using Epyc for Webhosting only, or for VPS? This is super different things.

Both.

• desperand said: Amd processors much more vulnerable then intel one, and have around 14 very powerful and dangerous problems STILL opened after reported about them in March

That report was exaggerated as hell and used to reverse pump and dump (short) AMD stocks, which they do not deny in any way and basically admitted to.

AMD released a press release detailing this.

• sinsin Member

ServerAstra.com has EPYC vpses in Hungary and I really like my plan there.

Thanked by 1mohamed
  • HaxHax Member

@desperand said:
    Amd processors much more vulnerable then intel one, and have around 14 very powerful and dangerous problems STILL opened after reported about them in March. Several months gone, but there is no fix at all. So this is a bad move. Also, AMD does not support well hell a lot of hardware, and virtualization, I don't' think that someone will risk their money to invest for hardware which will crash every here and there for no reasons.

Was it CTS labs? The bugs have been patched IIRC, but even if the server hasn't updated yet, you would need an admin access to the hardware to hack it, so you have to visit the data center to do that.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@willie said:
    AMD servers are also vulnerable to that class of attacks even if the specifics differ. If it's an issue to you, use a dedi.

No. The currently known facts show AMD Zen considerably less vulnerable.

Another plus is the far better bang for the buck of AMDs processors.

The fat minus is that there (still) aren't a lot of servers from the big brands.

• @Clouvider

Do you have AMD Epyc Clouds in stock?

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

We are using AMD CPU for all our new nodes, you can check our latest offer at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/151334/hosteons-com-ssd-kvm-vps-la-usa-double-ram-or-double-disk-space-or-double-network-port-speed

Same coupon codes will even work for other packages listed on https://hosteons.com/vps.php

Thanked by 1mohamed