Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Budget VPS Around $10-12/month [With RDP]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Budget VPS Around $10-12/month [With RDP]

Hello friends I just joined LET today,

I need a VPS with RDP ready. Will be used mainly for downloading/ uploading & torrenting purposes P2P [Encoding occasionally]

Specs (More The Better) :

RAM : 1 GB / 2GB

HDD : 50 GB / 100 GB

BANDWIDTH: 100 Mbps / 1Gbit ( Unmetered )

LOCATION: Any Location With Good Peering [Ex. NL/DE/ Any Other]

**OS: ** Never really used Linux so Windows is preferred. XP/ 7 / Server 2008 R2 / Server 2012 Anything.

BUDGET: Around $10-12 / monthly [ I may upgrade to better specs later. ]

PAYMENT: Paypal.

NOTE - Need A Host With Good Uptime. Please offer me your deals or prices with both the options that I have requested [Ex. 1GB / 2GB OR 100Mbps /Gbit].

Looking Forward To Suggestions As Well.

Thanks A Lot For Your Offers.
Good Day.

Comments

• c0yc0y Member
    edited October 2013

You want to utilize a lot of I/O constant, use tons of bandwidth, rape the CPU now and then, a Windows license... for $12 tops..?

I know that it appears that there are a bunch of RDP providers on shady forums allow everything and just oversell nodes over the top and nobody will care aslong as it works and they can use it to play with etc, but those don't hang around on LET nor are they worth even a single penny...

• Well, BurstNET has some offers similar to what you need. Your main issue is going to be with bandwidth. If you scrape together a few extra pennies and wouldn't mind the server being in France you could go with Online.net's Dedibox 2g (~$11). It has 2gb ram, 500gb ssd hybrid and unlimited bandwidth at 200mbps I believe. Not sure on how much they charge for Windows licenses though...

Thanked by 1huggy
  • Well, I am currently using a RDP for the last 14 months or so & with all my uploading & torrenting never used more than 2 TB bandwidth in any of these 14 months. Generally its around 1 TB or so as I don't work every day. I've seen providers here offering this bandwidth in much less than $12.

Regarding the CPU abuse, I dunno how a normal Google Chrome, Utorrent & FTP Client can be able to do it under normal circumstances. If you are talking about the encoding part, my current provider doesn't have that facility & I've never encoded more than 2 movies in my lifetime. I just want this feature to be included because I want to learn encoding & wont be doing more more than once or twice a week.

Regarding the Windows License, I'm not quite sure but as far as I know there is a free version of Server 2008 R2 with certain limitations such as 3 people online etc.
    Most recent update - The Windows Server 2012 also allows a 180 days free trial.
    You can take a look here perhaps -

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/evalcenter/dn205286.aspx

Moreover, I'm least concerned about the genuinity of the Windows' License because I'm not hosting a website in the server & its only for my personal use which doesn't require one. I preferred an Offshore Location as well.

The topic is not about "bunch of RDP providers on shady forums" or their worth- so let's keep that out.

@Frost said:
    You want to utilize a lot of I/O constant, use tons of bandwidth, rape the CPU now and then, a Windows license... for $12 tops..?

I know that it appears that there are a bunch of RDP providers on shady forums allow everything and just oversell nodes over the top and nobody will care aslong as it works and they can use it to play with etc, but those don't hang around on LET nor are they worth even a single penny...

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2013

You are not going to get this at that price point. Go get a French dedicated server for your warez needs.

Thanked by 1connercg
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2013

Is that thread a set-up so that non-LEB providers could post offers above $7/mo here on LET?
    I'd say we should close/ban requests for VPSes outside of the LEB range.
    @huggy gtfo to WHT thnxbye

• As you can see I've joined today. Couldn't figure out if there's any official rule for not exceeding the budget over $7. If there is, mods can surely close this thread.

@rm_ said:
    Is that thread a set-up so that non-LEB providers could post offers above $7/mo here on LET?
    I'd say we should close/ban requests for VPSes outside of the LEB range.
    huggy gtfo to WHT thnxbye

• Moreover, I'm least concerned about the genuinity of the Windows' License ...

Your host sure is concerned.

• bigrobswebbigrobsweb Member
    edited October 2013

Online..net low range is only available to the French but you can get others. Am sorry I cant sort you out owe

ITS ALL LIES!!!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@bigrobsweb said:
    Online.net low range is only available to the French but you can get others. Am sorry I cant sort you out owe.

Didnt they open it up recently to take advantage of OVH's failure to deliver on their promises ?

• @Maounique said:
    Didnt they open it up recently to take advantage of OVH's failure to deliver on their promises ?

Yeah I saw that in providers section just after I posted it lmfao

• WilliamWilliam Member

looks like spam and nothing else...

• andreicandreic Member

It depends on the traffic needed (unlimited is not an option in the price range). I can give you my personal server. PM if you want

• roykemroykem Member

Plenty lays around if you want to search for them mate.
    LET offers section sure will give what you looking for... happy hunting.

• earlearl Member

Look at the post date guy's.. it's 2013!!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2015

Windows XP? It's well out of date. I wouldn't recommend anyone to install XP on anything, especially on a box that has access to a lot of bandwidth.

This discussion has been closed.