Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High load usage from OpenVZ indicator of swaping?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High load usage from OpenVZ indicator of swaping?

I have an 6GB RAM VPS with HostUS and I have been with them for more than a year without problems. However I started to use a ram intensive application some days ago and I have been getting my VPS suspended because of "High load average", with values near 50. However it was strange to me since I had been running htop and I didn't see the load high.

The last time load was 36.30 load average (one-minute) and I was lucky that in that moment I was running htop and the load was only 0.16! However it was seen 36.30 by OpenVZ

To explain this, it came to mind that maybe the extra ram I am using is causing OpenVZ to swap and this swapping in increasing the load. Is it possible?

Comments

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Is that a Java app?

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

Run ioping

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We deployed our own in-house anti abuse system and removed nodewatch, we have had a few teething issues with it however.

If you create a ticket please and sent me the # or if you already have a ticket please let me know too and i can check it for you.

• Alexander