Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google One is coming soon - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google One is coming soon

2»

Comments

• @yongsiklee said:

@huntercop said:
    Now I notice we all automatically have the free 15gb version, does that mean we still get the other benefits or do we have to be paying customers? One thing I am still looking for clarification on.

Gmail complains that my gmail account exceeds 15gig and needs to free up space.
    So I created another gmail account and had it forwarded the old into the new one.

Google is in particular good at is gmail, not much else. --- The search engine, google.com, came from another patented website and it was not a very creative one from google.

Anyway, I just cannot believe the fact that a search engine and an email provider can conquer the world in an instant-it looked like it.

cool story bro, don't care...?

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@huntercop said:

@yongsiklee said:

@huntercop said:
    Now I notice we all automatically have the free 15gb version, does that mean we still get the other benefits or do we have to be paying customers? One thing I am still looking for clarification on.

Google is in particular good at is gmail, not much else....

cool story bro, don't care...?

Only gmail -not much else-is what I am saying.

• YuraYura Member

@yongsiklee said:

Best global search. Show me a better one.

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@Yura said:

@yongsiklee said:

I do not consider google search (as money machine) as owned by google although it had paid to numerous others for its patents "after" infringing.

• YuraYura Member

@yongsiklee said:

@Yura said:

@yongsiklee said:

I do not consider google search (as money machine) as owned by google although it had paid to numerous others for its patents "after" infringing.

Your words

Google is in particular good at is gmail, not much else....

Google has best search in the world. Name a better one.

• edited August 2018

@LowPricedVPS said:
    You can still use 3rd party solutions such as Rclone via command line, and I believe GNOME desktop environment has added google drive support.

But I cannot count on that always working. So I am not going to do anything remotely important with it. And no, just switching 3rd party clients to something else if the one I am using stops working is not something I would want to risk for anything important.

So I will use some other service with a supported official client before I would use Google Drive for anything important.