Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone running PX61-NVMe with windows?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone running PX61-NVMe with windows?

Any one tried PX61-NVMe with Windows?
Is the RAID 1 configuration is straight forward for Windows 2016 server installation?

Comments

• mkshmksh Member

Waste of a good server.

• Why?

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

@bissag said:
    Is the RAID 1 configuration is straight forward for Windows 2016 server installation?

You can configure Mirrored volume via Windows Disk manager with a few clicks.

Not sure if PX61 line has on-board RAID or not though

• @feezioxiii said:

@bissag said:

You can configure Mirrored volume via Windows Disk manager with a few clicks.

Not sure if PX61 line has on-board RAID or not though

Shouldn't I create the raid from the bios before I install the windows?
    PX61 use onboard c236 intel raid

• Did you get any options to setup raid in the Windows install screen?

• mkshmksh Member

@bissag said:
    Why?

Because in 99% of all cases Windows on a sever is just one thing: Pointless waste of resources.

• There is 2 options
    1- Create the RAID from the bios before starting the windows installation
    2- Create the RAID from windows disk management after windows installation

@bissag said:
    There is 2 options
    1- Create the RAID from the bios before starting the windows installation
    2- Create the RAID from windows disk management after windows installation

Go with which one you feel comfortable with ;) shouldn't have much differences as those are software based Raid.

• @mksh said:

@bissag said:
    Why?

Because in 99% of all cases Windows on a sever is just one thing: Pointless waste of resources.

No way.

• mkshmksh Member

@levnode said:

@mksh said:

@bissag said:
    Why?

No way.

Sure way. Windows is horrible on RAM, HD and what you have while being inflexible and unreliable. Advantages are what exactly?

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • LeviLevi Member

@mksh said:

@levnode said:

@mksh said:

@bissag said:
    Why?

No way.

Sure way. Windows is horrible on RAM, HD and what you have while being inflexible and unreliable. Advantages are what exactly?

Wtf are you drinking? Windows servers has their place. Mssql, AD, asp.net and more. Don't be narrow minded.

• mkshmksh Member

@LTniger said:

@mksh said:

@levnode said:

@mksh said:

@bissag said:
    Why?

No way.

Wtf are you drinking? Windows servers has their place. Mssql, AD, asp.net and more. Don't be narrow minded.

Sure there are. See how i said 99% besides Mssql and asp.net are pretty weak reasons. Also i am pretty content with being narrowminded when it comes to Windows being garbage. It's inconsistent and illogical from ground up. Those certifications provided for it by MS are especially funny. A lot of the right answers have zero reasoning behind them beyond MS says so. The whole system is made by donkeys for donkeys.

• @mksh said: The whole system is made by donkeys for donkeys.

Pot calling the kettle black.

• mkshmksh Member

@varunchopra said:
    @mksh said: The whole system is made by donkeys for donkeys.

Wow, impressive comeback. For a triggered Windows admin that is.

• @mksh said:

@varunchopra said:

I'm not a windows admin though. Again, your ignorance and narrow mindset speaks for itself.

@varunchopra said:

@mksh said:

@varunchopra said:

I'm not a windows admin though. Again, your ignorance and narrow mindset speaks for itself.

I think we should stick to OP question though, don't be off topic ;)

• mkshmksh Member

@varunchopra said:

@mksh said:

@varunchopra said:

While you keep being impressive. I stated couple of facts you seem to dislike and instead trying to counter them you come at me with this garbage. I am awfully sorry for you that you think calling shit shit is somehow ignorant. Not being a Windows admin makes it even worse. Think about it. You defend a turd just because you think turds need defending so who's ignorant here?

• @mksh said:

@varunchopra said:

@mksh said:

@varunchopra said:

While you keep being impressive. I stated couple of facts you seem to dislike and instead trying to counter them you come at me with this garbage. I am awfully sorry for you that you think calling shit shit is somehow ignorant. Not being a Windows admin makes it even worse. Think about it. You defend a turd just because you think turds need defending so who's ignorant here?

You are.

• mkshmksh Member

@varunchopra said:

@mksh said:

@varunchopra said:

@mksh said:

@varunchopra said:

You are.

Wow. You should really get a t-shirt that says "most impressive person on this planet".

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited August 2018

Mksh get a life. AD/DC is essential for corporate workstations. Windows has plenty of uses. Go back suck up your gentoo/archlinux.