Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Ask] Leaseweb Overdue Notice
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Ask] Leaseweb Overdue Notice

Hello, I got a message from Leaseweb that inform me one of my services is overdue.

Despite our previous reminder, we have not yet received (full) payment. Your outstanding amount and the corresponding invoice-number can be found in the attachment.

This email serves as a formal and final notice that you are in breach of your payment obligations towards LeaseWeb.

Unless payment of the above-mentioned invoice is received by LeaseWeb in full within seven days from today, LeaseWeb will immediately suspend all of its services to you without any further warning. In case of a suspension, an additional deactivation charge will be due by you.

Please note that if full payment of the outstanding amount is not received within fourteen days from today, LeaseWeb will immediately terminate its agreement with you without warning. In case of termination, LeaseWeb will exercise whatever rights and remedies it has to recover the outstanding amounts and the deactivation charge, together with any interest and legal expenses.

Following termination of the agreement, LeaseWeb will immediately and without any further notice proceed to permanently erase and delete all data stored on its servers. LeaseWeb will not be able to recover any data after this process has been completed. LeaseWeb may also, without further warning, proceed to unregister all domain names that you registered through LeaseWeb.

Can anyone here help me answering my confusion;

1. "an additional deactivation charge", is that real they will charge me because my service suspended? How much?
  2. "will exercise whatever rights and remedies.... with any interest and legal expenses", what is this actually? Are they gonna sue me?
  3. Do they delete the whole account when a service is unpaid? I have subaccount in another location too.

Actually, I'm kinda scary with the message they've sent to me. That service is overdue because I'm still waiting payment from my client.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Wow. Just... wow.

1. Just pay the fucking bill
    2. Just pay the fucking bill
    3. Just pay the fucking bill
  • You have to put in a cancellation, you didn't - therefore you break the contract you agreed to when signing up.

Since you break the contract, you also have to deal with the consequences that follows :-)

Good day to you!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • mkshmksh Member

Your client is not Leaseweb's problem. Doubt they are going to sue you but maybe the they'll transfer the claim to a collection agency. Wouldn't be surprised if they'd deactivate your account (all of them) for non payment and if their TOS define a charge for doing so they'll probably also hit you with this.

TL;DR: Pay your bill and handle the problems with your client afterwards.

Thanked by 2Zerpy Clouvider
  • @Zerpy said:
    You have to put in a cancellation, you didn't - therefore you break the contract you agreed to when signing up.

Since you break the contract, you also have to deal with the consequences that follows :-)

Good day to you!

Right, I'm not putting any cancellation request for this service. So, I'm really f'ed up then.

@mksh said:
    Your client is not Leaseweb's problem. Doubt they are going to sue you but maybe the they'll transfer the claim to a collection agency. Wouldn't be surprised if they'd deactivate your account (all of them) for non payment and if their TOS define a charge for doing so they'll probably also hit you with this.

I got it. So my other services are in 'danger' too. Didn't expecting this honestly, I thought it will be suspended and deleted automatically due to non-payment.

Thank you for the answers!

• mkshmksh Member

@Dazzle said:

@mksh said:

I got it. So my other services are in 'danger' too. Didn't expecting this honestly, I thought it will be suspended and deleted automatically due to non-payment.

It's really baffling how people can enter a contract and think simply not paying would void it. Your other services being in danger should be no surprise either. You don't honor contracts and therefore cannot be trusted. Pretty easy to do the maths.

Thanked by 1Tr33n
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@mksh said:

@Dazzle said:

@mksh said:

It's really baffling how people can enter a contract and think simply not paying would void it. Your other services being in danger should be no surprise either. You don't honor contracts and therefore cannot be trusted. Pretty easy to do the maths.

You'd be amazed how many people are surprised every month here. Dunno why some people think that what they do online doesn't somehow affect them in the 'real' world.

• Thank you for your kind words, anyway.

• Why don't provider just terminate unpaid service automatically?

• 36062023606202 Member
    edited August 2018

NanoG6 said: Why don't provider just terminate unpaid service automatically?

Some, like OVH, do that. I do not like that policy. Just imagine you are in a hospital or stuck somewhere in the wild on payment day and cannot access any means of payment. I prefer a provider who keeps the service alive (at a cost) over losing everything after my return.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@NanoG6 said:
    Why don't provider just terminate unpaid service automatically?

They will, as explained in the email snippet in the OP. The invoice will remain due however and you’ll Still be charged.

Always provide notice as agreed in the terms with your provider.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • @3606202 said:

Some, like OVH, do that. I do not like that policy. Just imagine you are in a hospital or stuck somewhere in the wild on payment day and cannot access any means of payment. I prefer a provider who keeps the service alive (at a cost) over losing everything after my return.

Ah that's make sense.. I understand now

Thanked by 23606202 Clouvider
  • @3606202 said:

OVH do not immediately suspend or terminate a service. However, their grace time is nothing special either.

However, they do not add late fee's if you forgot to pay, they will leave your service active for 3 days before suspension and then they terminate it 7 days after non payment.

• You have to put in a cancellation, you didn't - therefore you break the contract you agreed to when signing up.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited August 2018

One gets an overdue invoice and asks strangers what it means and what consequences there could be later.

Could be the dimmest bulb on the block. Even dimmer than me.

• fhnericfhneric Member
    edited August 2018

@Dazzle said:

1. "an additional deactivation charge", is that real they will charge me because my service suspended? How much?
    2. "will exercise whatever rights and remedies.... with any interest and legal expenses", what is this actually? Are they gonna sue me?
    3. Do they delete the whole account when a service is unpaid? I have subaccount in another location too.
    1. Yes the deactivation charge is real. The deactivation charge is clearly listed in their General Conditions (https://www.leaseweb.com/legal), and it can go up to $150. under section 11, very last one listed 11.4.

2. They can send your account to a collections agency to recover their costs, and again it is listed in their terms.

3. Yes, they do delete the service after a certain amount of days.

If you can't for whatever reason pay the bill on time, your best solution would be to contact them asap and inform them of the situation and they will work with you.

Thanked by 2Dazzle Clouvider
  • @deank said:
    Even dimmer than me.

Is this a competition?

• sinsin Member
    edited August 2018

Well if you have a lot of services with Leaseweb you might want to think about paying the bill yourself so all of your services aren't suspended while you wait on your client.

Next time try contacting your provider and just be upfront with them and maybe they'll let you slide for a few days.