Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Chicago server for proxies
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Chicago server for proxies

DavonJGDavonJG Member
edited August 2018 in Requests

Hello.

I am looking to buy a server that I can use for creating forward proxies. I plan on using an application like TinyProxy, and I require the use of multiple IPs (to create multiple proxies.) Since the server will strictly be for creating proxies, it won't have to be high end. My only requirements are:

• Located in Chicago
  • Network speed is 1gbps or more
  • Less than $15/mo
  • IPv6
  • Additional IPv4s for $1 each or less (I need a /26 IP range)
  • 1TB Bandwidth (Not a HARD requirement, but strongly preferred)

Also, I would love if the provider had a Looking Glass link that I can test ping speeds to. I hope these are reasonable requirements, but feel free to let me know if it's not. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2018

Adidas or Nike?

Thanked by 2MasonR szarka
  • @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Adidas or Nike?

You are 100% on the right track, but this is actually not sneaker related.

:)

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Adidas or Nike?

Gotta get dem Yeezy fo sheezy off the heezy'ies!

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

You can use our looking glass for ping and traceroute, but your budget is too low for Chicago https://gthost.com/looking-glass/

• IPs don't generally go for that cheap, that is the only problem with your budget. IPs are generally $2 each.

• Give Servercheap a look. The basic VPS is well-within your budget but still 99.9% reliable, and they do offer IPv6 and 1 Gbps ports. They charge $2/IP, but maybe for a /26 they'll cut you a better deal. (To be fair, if I were them, I'd probably ask for a deposit in case you burn all those addresses buying sneakers, but…)

TNAhosting.net might also be worth a look in that price range, though I have no idea about the extra IPs with them.

• Is this Surpreme or some other god-awful hypebeast brand?

• @ehhthing said:
    Is this Surpreme or some other god-awful hypebeast brand?

What? You're skeptical about a skate-punk brand that works with Louis Vuitton? ;)

• @szarka said:

@ehhthing said:
    Is this Surpreme or some other god-awful hypebeast brand?

What? You're skeptical about a skate-punk brand that works with Louis Vuitton? ;)

It's more actually how much they oversell the stupid things. Appearently there are people that buy this stuff from their website and resell it for a higher price somehow. EVEN IF ITS STILL IN STOCK ON THEIR WEBSITE.

• @ehhthing said:
    It's more actually how much they oversell the stupid things. Appearently there are people that buy this stuff from their website and resell it for a higher price somehow. EVEN IF ITS STILL IN STOCK ON THEIR WEBSITE.

This is why I'll never be rich. Doing that would never even occur to me. ;)

• @szarka said:

@ehhthing said:

This is why I'll never be rich. Doing that would never even occur to me. ;)

To give you an idea of how lucrative this industry is, look at this (it's a reseller)

https://www.streetwearofficial.com/collections/supreme/products/supreme-bookends-red

• O. M. G.

• @szarka said:
    O. M. G.

Another thing is that the retail price is $52.