Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CrownCloud - Frankfurt, Germany - SSD KVM - 2 GB RAM / 30 GB SSD / 1 Snapshot - $5/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CrownCloud - Frankfurt, Germany - SSD KVM - 2 GB RAM / 30 GB SSD / 1 Snapshot - $5/month

SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
edited August 2018 in Offers

Hello,

We've been around for 6+ years and own & colocate our hardware and networking gear and have our own ARIN issued IPs for our US & RIPE for Europe based locations.

We also include the additional features for free with each VPS,

• Free Snapshot slot - You can create/destroy/restore as required with this snapshot slot.
  • SSH key support - You can automatically insert your SSH Key into the VPS OS during 1-click installation.
  • Factor Authentication inbuilt in the panel

Our Site: http://crowncloud.net/

Node Spec:

E3/i7 (5/6/7/8th Gen)

64 GB RAM

4 x SSD HW RAID

Datacenter

Datacenter: AcceleratedIT, Frankfurt, Germany

Test IP: 84.200.17.1

Test IPv6 : 2001:1608:10:85::1

The plan

2 GB RAM

30 GB SSD

4 core fair-share access include

1 Snapshot (User can restore/create/destroy snapshot from the panel)

KVM based

2 TB bandwidth per month

1 Gbit/sec uplink

1 IPv4

/64 IPv6

Price

$5/month or $25/semi-annually

Order Link

https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=347

Operating systems

• We've got templates for CentOS 6/7, Debian 8/9, various Ubuntu(s) upto 18.04, Windows 2008, 2012. Custom ISOs can be requested to be mounted onto your VPS for free as well via ticket.

• Note, We do not provide licenses for Windows, the customer is responsible for the license on the machine.

Comments

• how to redeem $25 price for semi-annual payment? the website says $30

• 1 Gbit/sec upink > uplink

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

@Chocoweb said:
    how to redeem $25 price for semi-annual payment? the website says $30

Apologies for that. I've corrected it to $25 now :)

@Chocoweb said:
    1 Gbit/sec upink > uplink

Thanks -- Corrected now :)

• Extra ssd ?

@D3n3y said:
    Extra ssd ?

Depends on how much space you're looking for as nodes are restricted on space with 4x disks. I've PM'd you to discuss further :)

• Do you mean each core even cannot run at 25% for all the time so you give 4 fair-share,not one dedicated?

• Big fan of this provider. VPS has to be shut down to do snapshot - I dk if this is common but my only minor complaint.

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • Is it possible to pay extra money to get more than one snapshot slot?

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@sidewinder said:
    Big fan of this provider. VPS has to be shut down to do snapshot - I dk if this is common but my only minor complaint.

This makes sense for file system consistency.

Thanked by 1SpeedBus

@Yandex said:
    Do you mean each core even cannot run at 25% for all the time so you give 4 fair-share,not one dedicated?

Presumably, for otherwise they would have advertised 1 dedicated core.

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • @angstrom said:

But I saw some other provider,even in their tos they say each core can keep using at 50%,they give 4 fair-share instead of 2 dedicated,when I ask if I want downgrade and just need 1 dedicated,they refuse to。

Maybe it's just a way to prevent you run some multi-core optimized program,because they will detect your machine is 4core and then use it up,such as ffmpeg

@Yandex said:

@angstrom said:

But I saw some other provider,even in their tos they say each core can keep using at 50%,they give 4 fair-share instead of 2 dedicated,when I ask if I want downgrade and just need 1 dedicated,they refuse to。

Maybe it's just a way to prevent you run some multi-core optimized program,because they will detect your machine is 4core and then use it up,such as ffmpeg

Maybe @SpeedBus will comment on this, but yeah, they have to limit overuse somehow.

@angstrom said:

@sidewinder said:
    Big fan of this provider. VPS has to be shut down to do snapshot - I dk if this is common but my only minor complaint.

Correct. The snapshots are stored away from the VPS host-node as well, so we power off the VM to ensure end-to-end consistency, we'll soon be launching the normal/faster/live KVM snapshots as well.

@noqqkk said:
    Is it possible to pay extra money to get more than one snapshot slot?

Yes! This is possible :)

• sidewindersidewinder Member
    edited August 2018

My all-time favorite VPS is with LFCVPS and they offer daily backups - 7 daily backups, 3 weekly and 1 user controlled backup. It's not an add-on and not unheard of with VPS providers is my point. I dk if they use R1soft or what but obviously it's doable.

My crowncloud uptime has been 100% since I started monitoring. I feel comfortable with the provider and would def recommend them, just know the snapshots/backups/whatever aren't live like with some other providers.

@angstrom said:

@sidewinder said:

• do you have any offers on 512MB ot 1GB plans?

• Why does the site not offer information about hardware, traffic, ... of the different servers?
    It's unpossible to find a feature list for the different offers.

@schousda said:
    Why does the site not offer information about hardware, traffic, ... of the different servers?
    It's unpossible to find a feature list for the different offers.

Hardware would be a bit difficult to give a exact specification of as we have quite a few different specifications available, for example, we've got some new 8th Gen i7s as well in Germany which some customers prefer due to the high clock rate.

If you can message me or send a ticket to us with your requirements, we can filter out a node for this and assign your VPS there.

Generally, we use Hardware backed RAID10 across all machines, 32-64GB+ RAM on each host node.

If you have any other queries please feel free to ask or PM me and I'll answer them :)

@asterisk14 said:
    do you have any offers on 512MB ot 1GB plans?

Might do a yearly 512MB plan, 1GB might need to think a bit about where to price it out at.