Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ RAID 10 - SSD ★ 128MB KVM - $5/yr ★ 512MB KVM - $10/yr ★ 1GB KVM - $15/yr ★ 5 Locations - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ RAID 10 - SSD ★ 128MB KVM - $5/yr ★ 512MB KVM - $10/yr ★ 1GB KVM - $15/yr ★ 5 Locations

2»

Comments

• @ScienceOnline said:
    I got one Kvm and I can't ssh nor ping the ip, so I tried to reinstall, but even if I reinstall on and on it's unreachable.
    So I opened a ticket where I said that I can't ssh nor ping the ip and that I reinstalled the OS and tried "reconfigure networking".

They answered:
    I can see the kernel is panic and hence it's not working and due to this, the IP isnt responding to ping and SSH. Refer the screenshot attached for the same.
    You will need to reinstall the server in order to get this sorted.
    To reinstall your server, please go to the client area and click on the service you'd like to reinstall.
    You can then reinstall by pressing the "Re-install OS" button and selecting the OS you'd like from the list.

Ok, maybe if I reinstall the server 2.000 times it will work.

which OS are you trying? If you reinstalling the same one 2,000 time you can try a different one; probably 32 bit.

• looklike good .

• @nightcat said:
    @cfred 512M is much better for centos. OS will eat up 64M memory.

My 512MB KVM centos runs out of memory running yum updates. Have had to stick with 1GB for KVM. No issues with 512MB openvz. shrug

• @v3ng said:
    Awesome deal, but unfortunately no IPv6..

Yup. That would have been the cherry on top. I still think about getting one or two. But I am not sure yet if I only take the 128mb or the 512mb one. Since the little one is more than enough for private openvpn and maybe a simple server monitor.

• xaocxaoc Member

@TimboJones said:

@nightcat said:

My 512MB KVM centos runs out of memory running yum updates. Have had to stick with 1GB for KVM. No issues with 512MB openvz. shrug

You could just add –disableplugin=fastestmirror to your yum command line.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited August 2018

saibal said: Dang it. 11 is better than 10. No?

meh...

Thanked by 3saibal VirMach Chuck
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

There's something addictive about VirMach.

• ScienceOnlineScienceOnline Member
    edited August 2018

@needavps said:

@ScienceOnline said:
    I got one Kvm and I can't ssh nor ping the ip, so I tried to reinstall, but even if I reinstall on and on it's unreachable.
    So I opened a ticket where I said that I can't ssh nor ping the ip and that I reinstalled the OS and tried "reconfigure networking".

They answered:
    I can see the kernel is panic and hence it's not working and due to this, the IP isnt responding to ping and SSH. Refer the screenshot attached for the same.
    You will need to reinstall the server in order to get this sorted.
    To reinstall your server, please go to the client area and click on the service you'd like to reinstall.
    You can then reinstall by pressing the "Re-install OS" button and selecting the OS you'd like from the list.

Ok, maybe if I reinstall the server 2.000 times it will work.

which OS are you trying? If you reinstalling the same one 2,000 time you can try a different one; probably 32 bit.

The only template that works is centos 6 64 bit, they tried to resync the ubuntu 16.04 template (the one I need) and it's the same, I just can't ssh nor ping the ip.
    So they answered:
    "Ubuntu 16.04 requires minimum 2GB of RAM. I would suggest you to try installing older version of the OS. Or you may need to upgrade the package."

This is a nice answer but actually I have ubuntu 16.04 64 bit installed on a 512 MB vps, a 512 MB vps from virmach that works great.

Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit needs just 256 MiB of RAM, find here "Ubuntu Server (CLI) Installation"
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/SystemRequirements

• No CentOS 7?

• @MarcusVinicius said:
    No CentOS 7?

Yes, there is centos 7, but it doesn't work for me, in the start it is online, it makes an automatic system update by itself (they make an automatic system update at the first boot) and then I can't shh nor ping it.

I voted virmach in the provider poll thread because I already have 3 vps always online with very good I/O and never needed support before, but for this vps they can't help me, I can't use this vps and I can't ask for a refund, they told me that I can't run on a 1 gb ram vps ubuntu 16.04 64 bit when ubuntu states that for ubuntu server 256 mb re enough, even debian has the same problem.

Does anybody installed debian or ubuntu 16.04 successfully on a virmach 1 gb ram kvm vps? I have ubuntu 16.04 installed on virmach ovz 512 mb, 1gb and 1,5 gb

• Damn. I always miss the little KVM's. I'd love to get hold of some 128-256mb for VPN's and static sites.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

jeromeza said: Damn. I always miss the little KVM's. I'd love to get hold of some 128-256mb for VPN's and static sites.

Additional stock is being added for that package; it definitely went out of stock sooner than we anticipated.

ScienceOnline said: I voted virmach in the provider poll thread because I already have 3 vps always online with very good I/O and never needed support before, but for this vps they can't help me, I can't use this vps and I can't ask for a refund, they told me that I can't run on a 1 gb ram vps ubuntu 16.04 64 bit when ubuntu states that for ubuntu server 256 mb re enough, even debian has the same problem.

I've messaged one of our system administrators in regards to the operating system concerns in this thread and will respond soon.

• Quite different network speed in different network subnet at Los Angeles section from China. Chinese friends please notice that.

• ScienceOnlineScienceOnline Member
    edited August 2018

@VirMach said:

ScienceOnline said: I voted virmach in the provider poll thread because I already have 3 vps always online with very good I/O and never needed support before, but for this vps they can't help me, I can't use this vps and I can't ask for a refund, they told me that I can't run on a 1 gb ram vps ubuntu 16.04 64 bit when ubuntu states that for ubuntu server 256 mb re enough, even debian has the same problem.

I've messaged one of our system administrators in regards to the operating system concerns in this thread and will respond soon.

I thank you.
    This is solved, as I thought it wasn't a ram problem, they just moved the vps to another node and everything works fine with the same amount of ram and the same OS.

• needavpsneedavps Member
    edited August 2018

lol. nm. got confused about something.

• warriorwarrior Member
    edited August 2018

is windows included in 1Gb KVM plan?

edit : not included

• jeromezajeromeza Member
    edited August 2018

@VirMach said:
    Additional stock is being added for that package; it definitely went out of stock sooner than we anticipated.

Damn - either I've missed it AGAIN or it hasn't been added yet. Either way I'll keep an eye out, thanks.

• Nice offer but my order got fraud marked even though I'm an old client o.o

• rousrous Member

@VirMach said:

@VirMach any update on this issue? I have a 256MB SSD instance with the same issue and a long-running ticket open. Long-story-short - unable to install either Ubuntu 16.04 or Debian 9 either from template or ISO. Only response I seem to get back from support is that "they require 2GB minimum" which is false. If the fix is as simple as moving to a different host I'm more than happy to try.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@rous said:

@VirMach said:

@VirMach any update on this issue? I have a 256MB SSD instance with the same issue and a long-running ticket open. Long-story-short - unable to install either Ubuntu 16.04 or Debian 9 either from template or ISO. Only response I seem to get back from support is that "they require 2GB minimum" which is false. If the fix is as simple as moving to a different host I'm more than happy to try.

Perhaps ask for your VPS to be moved to another node. (See six posts above.)

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

nightcat said: Quite different network speed in different network subnet at Los Angeles section from China. Chinese friends please notice that.

Yes, we do not single home in Los Angeles, so it depends on what your ISP chooses to use on your side. Also, we've noticed in some cases that depending on the subnet, there could be a latency difference of up to 100ms with the exact same routing as soon as it enter's China's network. This could possibly be related to the GFW.

andredoc said: Nice offer but my order got fraud marked even though I'm an old client o.o

Fraud checker runs on every purchase, so if you've had issues in the past you need to reply to the automatically generated ticket and have a team member check manually.

rous said: @VirMach any update on this issue?

We believe the issue is related to the node running CentOS 7. We're still testing to see what the specific issues could be, but there have been similar known problems with Centos 7 + SolusVM in the past.

Know operating systems that people have reported issues with on CentOS 7 nodes:

• Ubuntu 16
    • Debian 9
    • CentOS 7

Most older guest operating systems work properly, even on CentOS 7 nodes. All of our nodes still running CentOS 6 have no reported issues.

Note: we're only running CentOS 7 on a small number of nodes.

Thanked by 1andredoc
  • noamannoaman Member
    edited August 2018

We believe the issue is related to the node running CentOS 7. We're still testing to see what the specific issues could be, but there have been similar known problems with Centos 7 + SolusVM in the past.

• Ubuntu 16
    • Debian 9
    • CentOS 7

Most older guest operating systems work properly, even on CentOS 7 nodes. All of our nodes still running CentOS 6 have no reported issues.

I am also having the same issue :-(

Updated : issue resolved

• lionlion Member
    edited August 2018

Any chance for stock in Germany or Netherlands in the future? @VirMach

• rousrous Member

@noaman said:

• Ubuntu 16
    • Debian 9
    • CentOS 7

@noaman - how did you resolve the issue? have your instance moved to another node?

• @VirMach said:

andredoc said: Nice offer but my order got fraud marked even though I'm an old client o.o

Fraud checker runs on every purchase, so if you've had issues in the past you need to reply to the automatically generated ticket and have a team member check manually.

Gotcha, managed to work it out, support was helpful and quick. Server looks pretty good.

• @rous said:

@noaman said:

• Ubuntu 16
    • Debian 9
    • CentOS 7

@noaman - how did you resolve the issue? have your instance moved to another node?

It was resolved at their end

• @xaoc said:

@TimboJones said:

@nightcat said:

You could just add –disableplugin=fastestmirror to your yum command line.

Just tried, same thing. It makes no sense to me. Free reports 97 used and 268 free with more available in swap.

Thanks, though.

• Awesome deals, but I can't find a place to enter the coupon code?

• No CENTOS7?