Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS experience - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS experience

2»

Comments

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Just to update everyone on the issue, looks like we have a bitcoin mining problem on this node. From a quick glance we see at least 20 users doing this and we think that this may be the issue.

Will keep updates.

Regards,

Chris

• @CVPS_Chris said: we have a bitcoin mining problem

Didn't bitcoin fold last week?

• @lamaral said: I never had problems with it. ChicagoVPS is a very good company and like every company it have some issues.

Hi Lamaral

Just some kind advice. If you mostly like the services by ChicagoVPS and want them to continue and provide good service, try to support them. If they are successful, you will have a good place to buy a VPS.

The LowEnd market is very slim profit and is a partnership between the user and provider. They provide great prices and hopefully you (the client) can understand some issues.

Bad publicity like a thread "ChicagoVPS lack of service" after a few hours no response will hurt their business.

And in the long run, it hurts the consumer too.

If more "good" providers go out of business, users will start having to pay more and more for a server.

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • @miTgiB said: Didn't bitcoin fold last week?

No, one of the largest exchanges did.

• @kiloserve I will change the title.

• Looks like the servers are up now. Now dealing with them about moving me away from this node.

• @lamaral So when everything is OK now why do you wanto to get moved from this node?

• @Christian Because this was the third issue on this node and my box on the other node never had issues.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

All abusers have been terminated per our ToS violation.

The node should be back to normal. Still looking into replacing the node.

• Everything looks like good now. Thanks @CVPS_Chris for the readiness.