Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★★★ $29 PER MONTH SERVERS! INTEL XEON L5420 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, IPMI, 500GB SATA, 5TB BW. Wow! ★★★
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★★★ $29 PER MONTH SERVERS! INTEL XEON L5420 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, IPMI, 500GB SATA, 5TB BW. Wow! ★★★

BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
edited October 2013 in Offers

Reprise Hosting is a provider of best value hosting services. We specialize in economical solutions for real-world hosting needs. We are pleased to announce this offering of self-managed dedicated servers in our new location in the downtown Seattle Westin Building.

LowEndTalk exclusive discount: first five subscribers will receive the following server for $29.95 per month permanently. Promo code: LOWENDFTW.

UPDATE: The first five subscribers have exhausted the LOWENDFTW promo code. For those a little late to the party, please use the promo code LOWEND4 to receive a $4 permanent monthly discount. Limited to the next 10 subscribers.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

RepriseMDED Special

» Intel Xeon quad-core L5420 2.5Ghz processor

» 8GB fully-buffered registered memory

» 500GB SATA hard drive (HDD model varies, but either Seagate or Samsung).

» IPMI included free of charge (remote reboot, console, OS reloads, etc)!

» Choice of 5TB bandwidth on a 100mbit port OR 10mbps unmetered connection.

» 2 usable IPs

» BGP mix of premium Level3 and AboveNet bandwidth.

Only $39.95 per month with FREE setup.

Optional Add-Ons

» cPanel license: +$29.95 per month

» 10mbps unmetered bandwidth: FREE

» Extra IPs: +$1.50 per IP per month

» Need a quote for a custom hardware config? Unmetered bandwidth? Contact us at sales [at] reprisehosting.com

SLAs and Guarantees

» 100% network uptime

» 100% power uptime

» 100% cooling uptime

» Server setup in 24 hours or less, Monday-Sunday

>> Order Now <<

This offer is not available through our website, use the order link above to sign up.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Can I customize my system to include more disk space/memory/bandwidth?
Yes! We can add more memory, secondary hard drives, RAID or increase your bandwidth allotment. Upgrade options are listed on our website or you may contact sales [at] reprisehosting.com for a custom quote.

Where is your datacenter?

Our equipment is located in Las Vegas, NV and Seattle, WA. The servers for this special will be hosted at our Seattle, WA location in the Westin Building.

Test IP?

Comments

• Just grabbed one - Seattle location looks great to me!

$ ping 66.113.106.1
    PING 66.113.106.1 (66.113.106.1): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 66.113.106.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=3.870 ms
    64 bytes from 66.113.106.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=2.199 ms
    64 bytes from 66.113.106.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=54 time=4.646 ms
    64 bytes from 66.113.106.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=54 time=4.577 ms

• @BrianHarrison How long have you been in business?

• wdqwdq Member
    edited October 2013

What's the maximum number of hard drives one of these can have?

Can hard drives be shipped by me to the datacenter to be installed?

Can hard drives be purchased for a one time setup fee? If so, how much would a 1TB, a 2TB, and a 3TB drive cost?

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@manacit said:
    Just grabbed one - Seattle location looks great to me!

$ ping 66.113.106.1
    PING 66.113.106.1 (66.113.106.1): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 66.113.106.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=3.870 ms
    64 bytes from 66.113.106.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=2.199 ms
    64 bytes from 66.113.106.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=54 time=4.646 ms
    64 bytes from 66.113.106.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=54 time=4.577 ms

Wow, you've lucked out with those ping times! You must be in Seattle, but not on Comcast... Comcast will often route intra-Seattle traffic down to Sacramento first. From what I've seen that generally results in a ~20ms intra-Seattle ping time for Comcast.

@Dorkfiles said:
    BrianHarrison How long have you been in business?

We've been in business since May 2012.

@wdq said:
    What's the maximum number of hard drives one of these can have?

Can hard drives be shipped by me to the datacenter to be installed?

Can hard drives be purchased for a one time setup fee? If so, how much would a 1TB, a 2TB, and a 3TB drive cost?

The servers can take up to four hard drives. For this special, we're not accepting hard drive shipments, but feel free to get in touch for a custom quote using your own drives. We have 1TB drives in stock that we can add to your server for a $49 one time fee. However, at the pace of orders on this special, I cannot guarantee immediate availability. We don't have 2TB drives in stock at the moment, those would run an $79 one time fee. Lead time on out of stock hard drives, ~2-3 days.

• wdqwdq Member

@BrianHarrison said:
    The servers can take up to four hard drives. For this special, we're not accepting hard drive shipments, but feel free to get in touch for a custom quote using your own drives. We have 1TB drives in stock that we can add to your server for a $49 one time fee. However, at the pace of orders on this special, I cannot guarantee immediate availability. We don't have 2TB drives in stock at the moment, those would run an $79 one time fee. Lead time on out of stock hard drives, ~2-3 days.

Thanks for the info. Do you have a TOS/AUP anywhere? I can't seem to find it on your website.

@wdq said:
    Thanks for the info. Do you have a TOS/AUP anywhere? I can't seem to find it on your website.

http://www.reprisehosting.com/tos/

I should note that we're more than happy to customize the servers after your initial order. The drives are hot swappable on these systems so it's easy for us to add additional drives. However, if you want RAID and want to avoid an OS reload, then you ought to have all the drives in there with the initial setup.

• Stoked to see I can modify my server after my initial order - I want to get one ASAP and play around with it, I might end up wanting to add an extra drive later down the road. I'll just send an email to sales if/when the time comes :).

I'm currently in Seattle at UW, great peering at the SIX for low ping times. It's been my experience that Comcast routes down to Sacramento or Great Oaks for stuff to the Westin as well.

I've got clink at home, excited to see what that looks like too (I usually get ~18ms to RamNode seattle, no dumb routing down to CA there!).

The first five subscribers discount has now sold out.

However, we've created a new promo code for those a little late to the party.

Use the promo code LOWEND4 to receive a permanent $4 discount on your monthly bill.

• the LOWEND4 promo doesn't work,

edited October 2013

@Eobble said:
    the LOWEND4 promo doesn't work,

Too quick for me! Try it now, I've activated the promo.

• Will I own the hardware for this special price after 12 months like your website says?

"After 12 months of leasing the server, you own the hardware. This is the best value server special you'll find anywhere. "

@yangqi said:
    Will I own the hardware for this special price after 12 months like your website says?

"After 12 months of leasing the server, you own the hardware. This is the best value server special you'll find anywhere. "

The quote you've referenced from our website applies to the RepriseLTO plan listed on that page. This special, the RepriseMDED plan, unfortunately does not come with the lease-to-own option.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!

• How much is additional bandwidth 5TB?

• How much for an additional 5TB?

• Ordered one of these yesterday - any idea on an ETA for provisioning?

Also, even from Comcast, the routing looks great:

2  73.104.254.1 (73.104.254.1)  10.121 ms  21.942 ms  10.948 ms
     3  te-0-2-0-2-ur08.seattle.wa.seattle.comcast.net (68.87.207.9)  13.496 ms  14.302 ms 12.167 ms
     4  ae-20-0-ar03.seattle.wa.seattle.comcast.net (69.139.164.129)  9.119 ms  53.735 ms  13.793 ms
     5  he-1-6-0-0-11-cr01.seattle.wa.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.92.33)  18.844 ms
        he-1-7-0-0-11-cr01.seattle.wa.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.93.5)  16.222 ms
        he-1-5-0-0-11-cr01.seattle.wa.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.94.65)  23.852 ms
     6  4.68.63.65 (4.68.63.65)  11.485 ms  11.803 ms  20.169 ms
     7  ae-13-51.car3.seattle1.level3.net (4.69.147.133)  9.245 ms
        ae-23-52.car3.seattle1.level3.net (4.69.147.165)  19.192 ms  20.312 ms
     8  optic-fusio.car3.seattle1.level3.net (4.71.152.14)  59.722 ms  12.504 ms  10.078 ms
     9  gi2-1.dr03.sea.opticfusion.net (209.147.112.222)  14.113 ms  12.563 ms  12.564 ms
    10  66.113.106.1 (66.113.106.1)  17.633 ms  14.479 ms  12.735 ms

edited October 2013

@manacit said:
    Ordered one of these yesterday - any idea on an ETA for provisioning?

Also, even from Comcast, the routing looks great:

Unless you ordered after 11PM PST, you should have already received your server login information. Please be sure to check your spam folder or login to our customer portal and check the 'Email' tab. If not, feel free to open a ticket and we'll see what's going on.

• Spam ended up being the problem - sorry about that! I'm in!

• Got mine this morning, here's my speed test, looks good

Forcing 100MB speed test
    Testing US locations
    Speedtest from Los Angeles, CA, USA [ generously donated by http://maximumvps.net ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 8.56 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 8.91 MB/sec
    Speedtest from South Bend, Indiana, USA [ generously donated by NodeBytes ] on a shared 100 Mbps port
            Download Speed: 4.97 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 9.50 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Dallas, TX, USA on a shared 4x1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 4.66 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 9.69 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Chicago, IL, USA [ generously donated by http://vortexservers.com ] on a shared 1Gbps port
            Download Speed: 7.82 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 9.99 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Buffalo, NY, USA on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 7.11 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 9.44 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Atlanta, GA, USA [ generously donated by http://hostus.us ] on a shared 1Gbps port
            Download Speed: 9.54 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 8.31 MB/sec

Testing EU locations
    Speedtest from Tallinn, Estonia on a shared 1 Gbps port
            Download Speed: 1.82 MB/sec
            Upload speed: 2.25 MB/sec

@sidodol said:
    How much is additional bandwidth 5TB?

@Eobble said:
    How much for an additional 5TB?

I've sent you both a new customer promo code on bandwidth.

For those considering a purchase, we now have one server remaining in inventory. The LOWEND4 promo code is still good for this last server.

We are now sold out on this special.

Please check back in two weeks for our next LowEndTalk special or PM me to get on our mailing list and get notified first about upcoming clearance specials.

edited October 2013

We have one more of these servers available. A spammer signed up for one of these services and his service was terminated this morning. Get in touch soon to reserve this server--the LOWEND4 promo code is still active!

• @BrianHarrison Will you do a OpenVZ 128 MB VPS plan for $15/year? Other minimum specs I require are 5 GB Disk Space, 150 GB Bandwidth, 1 IPv4 Address.

Please PM me if you can do this, thanks!

@WellGrounded said:
    BrianHarrison Will you do a OpenVZ 128 MB VPS plan for $15/year? Other minimum specs I require are 5 GB Disk Space, 150 GB Bandwidth, 1 IPv4 Address.

Please PM me if you can do this, thanks!

We actually offer a plan for $12 per year with better specs than what you've requested--check out our website at http://www.vpshostingdeal.com/

• @BrianHarrison is there any vSwap as 128mb/128mb vSwap?

edited October 2013

@MorningIris said:
    BrianHarrison is there any vSwap as 128mb/128mb vSwap?

128MB swap is included with the $12 per year VM (i.e., burstable up to 256MB).

• @BrianHarrison Again, please make it clear here, is it vSwap or burstable?

They're totally different.

edited October 2013

@MorningIris said:
    BrianHarrison Again, please make it clear here, is it vSwap or burstable?

They're totally different.

The $12 per year VM is burstable to 256MB. We do not have vswap enabled.