Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Offers 'flooding' LEB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Offers 'flooding' LEB

JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep
edited February 2012 in General

Whilst I'm sure Chief and co you all wish to be seen as being active. There was alwayssomething that I actually liked when LEA posted 3 offers, waited a few days, then some more. It allows us to mellow over offers, discuss them properly and actually get a chance to see them. But it just seems like there's way too many offers going on in short droids of time that offers we don't even have the chance to see some of the offers.

Maybe it's just me, but welcome to discussion.

Comments

• Maybe it is because of the big period of inactivity and the resulting backlog of offers. I guess it will calm down after some time.

• ChiefChief Member
    edited February 2012

@JSCL said: offers going on in short droids of time that offers we don't even have the chance to see some of the offers.

I'll extend the front page to hold more offers to give them more time there. And also looking at scheduling the offers in Wordpress (and the new site) so they release every few hours (another suggestion from the brainstorm.)

@rds100 said: Maybe it is because of the big period of inactivity and the resulting backlog of offers.

This is precisely what it is, we actually shouldn't of asked for everyone to send their offers in! It will be flooded for at least another week, possibly until the end of February then the 1 offer per 30 days starts to kick in and it becomes more of a cycle opposed to a one off hit where we are playing catchup.

• @Chief maybe put the repeated offers in a separate queue and post them only when there are no really new offers to post.

• @rds100 There are always going to be offers with the rise of the fly-by-Hosts, But I think the offers don't need to be up for long since we had over 30 Orders in just 16 Hours. That is half a 8 Core node filled for us.