Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for backups? Check out BackupDragon.com (Budget backups starting at $7.50/Year) 10% OFF!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for backups? Check out BackupDragon.com (Budget backups starting at $7.50/Year) 10% OFF!

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

We offer backup services in all shapes and sizes from FTP/rsync accounts to KVM VPSs which are all hosted in our Tampa, Florida data center (100% owned hardware and network). All services come with a 99.9% Uptime SLA and a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.

FTP/rsync Accounts Starting @ $7.50/Year

• 50GB to 1000GB of RAID5 protected storage
  • Unmetered 1Gbps Port (Shared)
  • FTP, SFTP, SCP, and rsync are all enabled for each account
  • Your storage is enclosed in it's own jailed container for added security

Budget Backup VPSs Starting @ $9/Year

• 256MB RAM+vSwap
  • 1 vCPU Core
  • 50GB of RAID5 protected storage
  • 500GB of Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
  • NAT IPv4 + /64 IPv6 Block
  • OpenVZ Powered By Wyvern

Advanced Backup VPSs Starting @ $2.99/Month + 256MB RAM+vSwap

• 2 vCPU Cores
  • 25GB of RAID5 protected storage
  • 500GB of Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
  • 1 Dedicated IPv4 + /64 IPv6 Block
  • OpenVZ Powered By Wyvern

Premium Storage VPSs Starting @ $5.99/Month + 512MB RAM + 2 vCPU Cores

• 250GB of RAID50 protected storage
  • 10TB of Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
  • 1 Dedicated IPv4 + /64 IPv6 Block
  • KVM Powered By Wyvern

Use promo code vps10 for a 10% lifetime discount!

See something you like? Head on over and place an order!

For those of you who don't know us or forgot about us, Secure Dragon LLC. was formed in October of 2010 and has been offering quality services since 2011. We are a fully registered Limited Liability Company with the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations and we obtain our IPs directly from ARIN (AS54561). We own all of our hardware and IP addresses while also providing our own custom VPS control panel named Wyvern.

Comments

• FoulFoul Member

Grats Joe on expanding!

The header is a bit off on low resolutions.

• Header is making me dizzy.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Wicked said:
    Header is making me dizzy.

Can you provide some more info?

• Grabbed a 100GB plan, thanks!

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • tianyitianyi Member
    edited August 2018

Grabbed a 100GB plan, but I found it is a "specially modified" system I've got. There is very limited commands available.

Any possibility to reinstall other OS like Debian?

My current backup proccess is rync files from webserver(with rsync) and compress it(by tar), then upload to Google Driver/Dropbox(by 3rd party script).

It is seems not workable with your current special modified container.

@tianyi said:
    Grabbed a 100GB plan, but I found it is a "specially modified" system I've got. There is very limited commands available.

My current backup proccess is rync files from webserver(with rsync) and compress it(by tar), then upload to Google Driver/Dropbox(by 3rd party script).

Did you buy a VPS or an FTP/rsync account? If it's a VPS you have full control over the OS, but if it's a FTP/rsync account then there is no customization available.

• @KuJoe said:

@tianyi said:

Did you buy a VPS or an FTP/rsync account? If it's a VPS you have full control over the OS, but if it's a FTP/rsync account then there is no customization available.

It seems I purchased a FTP/rsync account by mistake.

• Tips for anyone interested:
    1. Purchasing with current securedragon account is OK, no need to create new one;
    2. I've been a happy customer with Securedragon since 2016, really really stable service!
    3. Watch carefully of "Backup Account" and "Budget Backup VPS", they are totally different but seems the price is similar(I preferred VPS instead of jailed account). Don't make the mistake I made.

• can anyone do a bench of the Budget Backup VPSs?

@needavps said:
    can anyone do a bench of the Budget Backup VPSs?

Any particular benchmark you'd like to see?

• @KuJoe said:

@needavps said:

I wanted to see if disk i/o and cpu can host a small website :D

@needavps said:

@KuJoe said:

@needavps said:

I wanted to see if disk i/o and cpu can host a small website :D

You'd be better off getting one of our OpenVZ VPSs instead. They've got SSDs for better disk IO, more location options, include backups, and come with a dedicated IP so you don't have to deal with NAT. https://SecureDragon.net