Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFP Hosting Monitor - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NFP Hosting Monitor

2»

Comments

• Ok, I'm sorry for that and to bother you. I will inbox him for further details. Thank you.

• HostFitXHostFitX Member
    edited November 2018

They're overselling, I read somewhere that this is the same owner of WootHosting shit company.

• @HostFitX said:
    They're overselling, I read somewhere that this is the same owner of WootHosting shit company.

The comments in the thread of their latest lowendbox offer are brutal.

Thanked by 1HostFitX
  • @caniac22 said:
    I know there have been plenty of threads around here with poor reviews but instead of another story I'm going to post my hetrixtools uptime monitor to this and let it speak for itself. This is a shared hosting rig that is up for renewal sometime next year so I will leave this up until then. They advertise a 99.99% uptime guarantee.

https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/35b68bb12cc5c284a8d99aa8c360177c/

If this isn't allowed please take it down.

.02% uptime

• jvnadr said: Use it to install secondary services or scripts for not critical things, like a nextcloud installation for sharing files, a personal calendar for organizing things e.g.

You can install nextcloud on sharing hosting?

• greattomeetyou said: You can install nextcloud on sharing hosting?

Yes, of course. It's also on softaculous.

• @jvnadr said:

greattomeetyou said: You can install nextcloud on sharing hosting?

Indeed it is: https://www.softaculous.com/softaculous/apps

This does not necessarily mean your shared hosting provider will allow you to run a website with all the scripts softaculous has available.

• @donli said:

@jvnadr said:

This does not necessarily mean your shared hosting provider will allow you to run a website with all the scripts softaculous has available.

This. Only root account can add/remove softaculous apps. I don't see nextcloud in my shared hosting.

• @Chuck said:

@donli said:

@jvnadr said:

This. Only root account can add/remove softaculous apps. I don't see nextcloud in my shared hosting.

I've seen a lot of shared hosting where it's available to install but against the tos to actually use. Ie storage of files on shared webserver.

I've seen shared hosting where nextcloud and the likes have been removed from softaculous

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited November 2018

donli said: This does not necessarily mean your shared hosting provider will allow you to run a website with all the scripts softaculous has available.

If they don't want a script in softaculous to be used, then, they should remove it from their panel. It's simple. If they advertise "softaculous with tons of scripts" and they enable it, then, they do not have any excuse to forbid it.

In reality, those issues can arise from providers that do advertise "unlimited everything". If they are not that crappy ones and offer certain amount of space and resources (like Buyshared), stating the actual disk space, allowed iops and memory to be used, then, any script can be allowed and the user is responsible to keep it under those resources.

Nextcloud/Ownclowd/Pydio cat fit perfectly on a shared environment if the usage is fair. The opposite is like installing to a shared hosting a non optimized WP site with 1000's of visitors per hour and expect to work properly and not be kicked out from the provider.