Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How transfer very big site? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How transfer very big site?

2»

Comments

• 2gouzi2gouzi Member
    edited August 2018

@jsg said:

@2gouzi said:
    scp -r -P 22 root@IP:/home/old/ /home/new

Quote: http://www.zxsdw.com/index.php/archives/1138/

Bad idea. For one without -C flag there is no (gzip) compression. More importantly though the -r flag follows symbolic links.

You can study SCP carefully.
    -r copy folder.
    He doesn't have enough server space.

I have forgotten some orders. Just give a reference, and he needs to learn by himself.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@2gouzi said:
    -r copy folder.

... and follows symbolic links which almost certainly is not desired.

Regarding your references I guess that few here are interested in chinese boards.

• @jsg said:

@2gouzi said:
    -r copy folder.

... and follows symbolic links which almost certainly is not desired.

Regarding your references I guess that few here are interested in chinese boards.

Yes, you are right.

• They are transferring videos, I'm not sure if compressing these files further is worth the CPU time. Depends on the bottleneck, if the on-the-fly compression is faster than the network interface, go for it. Else, fuck it.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I used VPSrobots to migrate my blog before, it is fast and reliable, but my blog isn't as big as your site. Please check their document for how to migrate your website: https://vpsrobots.com/documents/how-to-transfer-migrate-a-website-with-vpsrobots.html. I hope this helps.

• thank you foe your interest and suggestion.

I payed someone who use rsync.