Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IRC is 30 years old this month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IRC is 30 years old this month

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat#Beginning

Any host offering IRC30 coupon for 30% off? Preferably something with DDoS-Filtering?

Comments

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider

Oh wow.

Thanked by 2Clouvider doghouch
  • And CS is around 20 yo...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I've been in IRC since 1998, it's a damn long time!

Thanked by 1default
  • @MikePT said:

Ever used ms comic chat?

@Nomad said:

@MikePT said:

Ever used ms comic chat?

I think so. Cant recall properly!

• @MikePT said:

@Nomad said:

@MikePT said:

Ever used ms comic chat?

It was literally full of comic stripes with Ms comic sans :D It's easy to remember mate.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Nomad said:

@MikePT said:

@Nomad said:

@MikePT said:

Ever used ms comic chat?

It was literally full of comic stripes with Ms comic sans :D It's easy to remember mate.

In 1998 I was only 8 years old. Yeah I recall something like that, not clear enough tho :P

• Oh boy.... (Literally I guess)

I was older than that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goEqyQgWIe4

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Can't forget those good memories in IRC.. how you make friends, do support, manage, monitor your servers and etc.

Simply Lovely...

• I can't forget the good old times when I joined IRC to make friends, the first times when everybody was asking for "asl pls" (age sex location please) after an hello, the first virtual kisses and smiles without emoticons or Asiatic emoji, and the first time when I traveled about 200 kilometers just to kiss a girl that I met on IRC.

The emotions, the desire, the endless conversations with hours and the thrill when you managed to get pictures from girls through DCC file-transfer, I personally loved it. Bad boys tried to behave and look smart, good boys tried to look bad like rebels, fat girls tried to look thin to attract beautiful boys, skinny girls tried to look fat to see if the guy searches the inside of a woman. Everything was a beautiful chaos.

Sadly, we now have every information ready for display: pictures, videos, profiles, social networks with tags on pictures. There is no conversation starting from scratch, because I already know who they are and how they look and what they work and what's their education. They can already guess who I am and what I want before the conversation even begins. We look at each other... comment... and that's about it.

Maybe now I am too old for this.

@Nomad said:
    Oh boy.... (Literally I guess)

I was older than that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goEqyQgWIe4

Ah nah. Hadn't used it.