Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overselling with MS Hyper-V
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Overselling with MS Hyper-V

thekreekthekreek Member
edited July 2011 in General

Tech Republic published an interesting article on how to fit more VM's on a host with MS HyperV.

For those who havent work with this technology or dont know much about it, its a worthy reading.

The article its for fitting more VMs but it can also be used for overselling with HyperV.

Thanked by 1Asim

Comments

• AsimAsim Member

Thanks for sharing, "fitting more VMS" = "Overselling" (and probably overloading) in this industry

• I am sure that these "Tricks" only work with Hyper-V 2008R2 and not the original Win2008 version.

• HurleyHurley Member

I don't think overselling is a good idea.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

Man... 8 years have passed for you to reach that conclusion???

• HurleyHurley Member

ITLabs said: Man... 8 years have passed for you to reach that conclusion???

No, it was only 7 years, 11 months, 12 days, 15 hours, 46 minutes and 30 seconds.

Thanked by 1taubin
  • BopieBopie Member

I mean overselling is better for the environment is it not, more people on server = less servers so less pollution right??

Gotta save the clean air for all the wild yetis and the flying rats, I mean the pigeons

Thanked by 2feezioxiii intovps
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Debian. Thx.

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy