Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

West Coast Dedicated Plex Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

West Coast Dedicated Plex Server

Hello,

I'm looking for a dedicated server that's in a DC in the west coast. LA would be preferred, but don't really care so long as I get good connections from San Diego (Cox Communications ISP).

Some local storage would be awesome, but it doesn't need to be massive as I'll handle storage via other means.

Ideal specs are CPU benchmark of at least 6k, 16GB RAM, at least 1 or 2 TB storage (happy with way more too), and a gig connection (very important!)

I currently have a very similar setup for $39/month, however the DC is in Chicago and I have absolutely terrible speeds back to my ISP so I'm looking to move off them.

I'm willing to pay quarterly if that sweetens the offer.

Thanked by 1angstrom

Comments

• FoulFoul Member
    Thanked by 1qps
  • What do I do with that? Sorry for not understanding.

• FoulFoul Member

talklowend said: What do I do with that? Sorry for not understanding.

@qps has servers in LA.

Sorry, I was tagging them to post here. https://www.quickpacket.com/dedicated.html

They have specials that arent listed on the site, so they should chime in soon i think.

Thanked by 1qps
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@talklowend QuickPacket has some Dual Xeon L5520/L5630/L5640 coming available on August 1 in LA, if those will work. PM me if you want me to save you one.

Thanked by 1Foul
  • IshaqIshaq Member

+1 for QuickPacket.

Thanked by 1qps
  • Good to know, thanks Ishaq

• GM5GM5 Member, Host Rep

We've got some Dual L5420 systems available in Los Angeles so would be happy to offer you the following custom configuration.

Dual L5420 (8 cores, 2.5Ghz, 12MB cache)   
     16 GB RAM         
     2x1TB SATA
     /29 IPv4 (5 Usable) and a /64 IPv6      
     10 TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps (Incoming is free)   
     Located in Los Angeles, California

For $35 per month

This would be a custom order so if you wish to proceed or have any questions then send us a message and we'll be happy to help.

We also have our LookingGlass available for you to do any network tests.